Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baby pram/stroller - connecting flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2023, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Baby pram/stroller - connecting flight

Hi, I have a connecting flight on Anadolujet, and will have an infant.

I see that I can take a pram through secuirty, and it will be checked at the gate. What isn't clear - is where do I pick it up - from the aircraft steps on arrival, or at the luggage carousel.

If it was a direct flight, it wouldn't matter that much. But it's a connecting flight, so if it is gate-checked at the departure point, does it get checked all the way through to the baggage carosel at STN, or can I retrieve it when getting off the plane at SAW (and gate checked again when departing SAW).

Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zen100
Hi, I have a connecting flight on Anadolujet, and will have an infant.

I see that I can take a pram through secuirty, and it will be checked at the gate. What isn't clear - is where do I pick it up - from the aircraft steps on arrival, or at the luggage carousel.

If it was a direct flight, it wouldn't matter that much. But it's a connecting flight, so if it is gate-checked at the departure point, does it get checked all the way through to the baggage carosel at STN, or can I retrieve it when getting off the plane at SAW (and gate checked again when departing SAW).

Thanks.
In general, your pram should be delivered at the gate in SAW, to help you get around the airport to your next flight. You would then gate-check it again to STN, where you would again have it delivered at the gate.

I'm only aware of a couple of LCCs that do it differently.
zen100 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:39 am

Word of advice

When you board talk to the stewardess and inform them that you need the stroller when you disembark. Ive experienced both that it is waiting at the gate, and that it went directly to the baggage pick up area (pain in the butt). If you speak to the stewardess, they can often help. Turks generally are super helpful when it comes to children etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.