Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK VIP group

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: One relative: BAEC GGLfL, UA 1MM Gold, LH life Senator, AA 1MM Gold, etc. Another: SQ life Solitaire
Question TK VIP group

Hello, first time poster. My friend is a frequent TK flyer (IST based) and says there is a "VIP group" at TK, largely for government ministers and other industrialists -- but that the benefits are only a smaller (more private) lounge at IST and better IRROPS handling. This is separate to the Miles & Smiles program (i.e. there is no published higher status than Elite Plus). Is this all correct? Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
There are separate VIP terminals across all airports in Turkey for select government officials and diplomatic staff which is not open to the general public and those VIP waiting areas are not managed by TK.
People who are eligible to access those VIP terminals/areas could use them when flying any airline.

The VIP application is also not linked to Miles&Smiles or any other loyalty program.
However, it's correct that VIP's get better treatment as they row 1 on most TK flights are blocked for them, etc...
Old Nov 18, 2023, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: One relative: BAEC GGLfL, UA 1MM Gold, LH life Senator, AA 1MM Gold, etc. Another: SQ life Solitaire
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There are separate VIP terminals across all airports in Turkey for select government officials and diplomatic staff which is not open to the general public and those VIP waiting areas are not managed by TK.
People who are eligible to access those VIP terminals/areas could use them when flying any airline.

The VIP application is also not linked to Miles&Smiles or any other loyalty program.
However, it's correct that VIP's get better treatment as they row 1 on most TK flights are blocked for them, etc...
Thank you very much. Is there anything "above" Elite Plus, either as a published or an unpublished tier, in the TK Miles&Smiles program? My friend says there is not much reason to go for Elite Plus over Elite, so I am curious as to your thoughts on the benefits.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by someone
Thank you very much. Is there anything "above" Elite Plus, either as a published or an unpublished tier, in the TK Miles&Smiles program? My friend says there is not much reason to go for Elite Plus over Elite, so I am curious as to your thoughts on the benefits.
TK has no unpublished tier over Elite Plus.
Unless you benefit from 2 x complimentary upgrade vouchers per year and use the guaranteed seat benefit, there is not that much difference compared to Elite.
AfterHour likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
TK has no unpublished tier over Elite Plus.
Unless you benefit from 2 x complimentary upgrade vouchers per year and use the guaranteed seat benefit, there is not that much difference compared to Elite.
Many thanks. Is there another program you would recommend TK fliers use (e.g. United, Air Canada, Thai, Singapore) that would give them more benefit on TK?
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many thanks. Is there another program you would recommend TK fliers use (e.g. United, Air Canada, Thai, Singapore) that would give them more benefit on TK?
Why would any partner program have more benefits on TK compared to Miles&Smiles.
If TK is your main airline that you would fly among *A, then Miles&Smiles would have the most benefits.

Same applies to most other *A carriers.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
With *A, you want elite status with the airline you fly the most.

(unless all you care about is lounge access, but even then that isn't guaranteed...)
Old Nov 20, 2023, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
If you have status with Lufthansa or United, you can get benefits on Lufthansa's subsidiaries like Eurowings. United gives you free Economy plus seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.