Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLV cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Has anyone heard if TK is going to consider extending status for the ones who were impacted by the war (as UA did https://liveandletsfly.com/united-st...sion-israel/)?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
TK is likely to resume TLV operations in January/February like other carriers (LH Group, BA etc)?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
TK is likely to resume TLV operations in January/February like other carriers (LH Group, BA etc)?
That may be so but in a war you can never really know. The advantage of TK is that they are close to TLV and can have do quick turnarounds without the need to change the crew.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyerby
Has anyone heard if TK is going to consider extending status for the ones who were impacted by the war (as UA did https://liveandletsfly.com/united-st...sion-israel/)?
I doubt so or even if they do it, they would do it under the counter silently as it would have bad PR in Turkey.
Little bit off-subject, however related, but TK has also removed Starbucks Turkey from their partners list and there is no longer the opportunity to transfer TK miles to Starbucks in exchange for drinks.
My suspicion

Originally Posted by SK AAR
They have recently cancelled ex-IST TK metal flights to TLV until February 16 and AnadoluJet flights to TLV until February 1 so I would interpret this as the opposite of resumption
Old Dec 18, 2023, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They will rsume at some point, a point where there is no active war, nor the possibility of being hit by an astray Hamas?Hezbollah/Houthi missile. Tk has no defensive measures installed on its aircraft, Israeli carriers do (rumored to be anything from Chaff to flares to even more active countermeasures). Despite many rounds of the Israel/Hamas/PA/Hezbollah/Syria conflict over the years, TK has NEVER withdrawn from the route, it is simply too valuable, as the majority of those 12x flights per day are transfer passengers. It is simply too dangerous right now, and like almost all other carriers it is not worth the risk.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IST, also more disturbing is the moron who went into a Starbucks in Adana the other day and started shooting up the place with a 12 gauge shotgun. All these people are doing is hurting the bottom line of the Al Shaya group from Kuwait who own the master franchise for Turkey.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
… TK has no defensive measures installed on its aircraft, Israeli carriers do (rumored to be anything from Chaff to flares to even more active countermeasures). …
LY doesn’t have them too in the context of the missiles used in the war. They have ground to air and air to air anti missile systems but no ground to ground anti missile systems.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not to mention the fact that Israeli carriers sort of do not have another option than to fly to/fr Israel. Interestingly also is that the last time I checked EK is still flying to TLV.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:01 am

Interestingly also is that the last time I checked EK is still flying to TLV.
I don’t think EK flies but FZ does.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 11:42 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I don’t think EK flies but FZ does.
Yes - FZ, EY and sometimes HY. Also LH Group is returning to TLV on Jan 8 (based on a thread on the M&M forum).
Old Dec 19, 2023, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fine FZ, but aren't they both the same company now anyway?
Old Dec 20, 2023, 3:14 am

Fine FZ, but aren't they both the same company now anyway?
I think they are both state owned by not directly by the same state owned company.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flydubai

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates_(airline)

They do share the same FFP.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:51 am

Just saw that TK removed all TLV-IST flights except for TK793 and TK789 till the last week of October.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 8:05 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Just saw that TK removed all TLV-IST flights except for TK793 and TK789 till the last week of October.
Looks like multiple opportunities for competitors to grab TK market-share to/from IL.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yeah, if LH Group is smart, LH, OS and LX should increase their flights to/from TLV significantly. BA and KLM/AF also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.