Wiki Posts
Search

TLV cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2023, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
TLV cancellations

Just had my flight in late March next year cancelled for force majeure. A bit surprised they’re doing so this far out.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:17 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
These are regular schedule changes. I had my flight IST-HKT also get canceled this far out.

Last edited by flyerby; Nov 7, 2023 at 4:23 am
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyerby
These are regular schedule changes. I had my flight IST-HKT also get canceled this far out.
Incorrect, TLV is down from x10 daily to x5 daily for the winter season, presumably due to the lower expected demand if flights resume.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Incorrect, TLV is down from x10 daily to x5 daily for the winter season, presumably due to the lower expected demand if flights resume.
I really don’t understand why you say “incorrect”. TK changes its schedule based on various reasons. Was I also incorrect to give the example of TK172 which went from daily to x3 a week?
Old Nov 7, 2023, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I meant that this is likely not something part of the operational W23 changes but something related to the circumstances in the area.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
TLV is 10x daily in "normal" times? I'm quite surprised by the sheer number of TK flights to/from TLV; Israel must be a huge market for TK (I had no idea).
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
TLV is 10x daily in "normal" times? I'm quite surprised by the sheer number of TK flights to/from TLV; Israel must be a huge market for TK (I had no idea).
Incorrect 😁 x12 daily is normal for TLV. x10 from IST, x1 from SAW and x1 from AYT.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose Pegasus Airlines (PC) also flies to TLV from SAW and/or AYT

Having travelled with PC 2 weeks ago (tickets to AYT are dirt cheap atm from Europe) I'm impressed by their route network in the region and to/from Europe.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
It is the largest market of Ben Gurion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Gu..._of_passengers

Last edited by ovacikar; Nov 7, 2023 at 7:58 am
Old Nov 7, 2023, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose Pegasus Airlines (PC) also flies to TLV from SAW and/or AYT

Having travelled with PC 2 weeks ago (tickets to AYT are dirt cheap atm from Europe) I'm impressed by their route network in the region and to/from Europe.
Although off subject, Pegasus is awaiting for the SAW 2nd runway to open and the maintenance for the existing runway to finish as with the current SAW capacity, they can't grow there, and with incoming aircraft deliveries they operate flights out of ADB, ESB and AYT.

Also the reason why they fly out of AYT cheap is that on most routes, they have already sold the seats far in advance in bulk to tour agencies and they are selling the remaining seats themselves.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
Just had my flight in late March next year cancelled for force majeure. A bit surprised they’re doing so this far out.
My award ticket with Aeroplan on TK got cancelled as well for March 2024. I am glad as I can get my money and miles back from Aeroplan without charges. Now just need to figure out how to make TK change my destination of onward journey from TLV to FRA. I have read that due to schedule changes they only allow you to change destination within the same zone, so I wont be able to take a flight to Europe.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not possible. TK will not touch/rebook an Aeroplan award ticket. You need to contact Aeroplan for rebooking (or refund).
Old Dec 14, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA MP Platinum
Waiting for both Aeroplan & TK revenue refunds

I had a tour for April already cancelled, but I had booked independent seats: Aeroplan J rewards on TK in-bound, and TK revenue out-bound. Wondering when I'll see similar cancellations or itinerary changes that will allow for penalty-free refunds.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by bt_yyz
… Wondering when I'll see similar cancellations or itinerary changes that will allow for penalty-free refunds.
TK cancellation of TLV flights is a multi stage operation. First, TK cancels all flight’s except for TK784/TK785 and TK864/TK865. Today the last day of this type of cancellation is Mar 30. It seems that with each day this type of cancellation is advanced another day (but I’m not 100% sure). Then at the 1st of each month, TK cancels all remaining flight for the following 45 days (currently all flights are cancelled till Jan 15).
ffay005 likes this.

Last edited by flyerby; Dec 14, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Old Dec 16, 2023, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TK is (was) the second largest carrier in Israel after El Al has been the case for many years, and in "better times" you could see up to 13 flights from IST and SAW to TLV, as well as up to a dozen a day between a whole mix of carriers to AYT. An interesting note is that TK is/was the number one airline for Turks flying to/fr TLV (granted El Al only had recently restarted service before Oct 7th, Is the number 2 carrier for Israelis, and the number one carrier for Palestinians. The thing that I always found weird ironis is that 15 years or so ago at Ataturk the ticket windows for El Al and Iran Air were side by side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.