Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

hotels offering free shuttles from/to IST airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2023, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Now that the IST airport has been operating for a while, are there any hotels that offer complimentary shuttles between the property and the hotel, as was common at the old IST airport?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I think there is a Park Inn by Radisson, but it is not a problem since the metro has opened.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nacho
but it is not a problem since the metro has opened.
Other than the fact that there aren't many (any?) hotels along the airport metro line, so you still need to deal with the extra time it takes to travel to/from Istanbul.

It still isn't like the old airport, where you could stay close to the airport for an early flight / late arrival...
Old Oct 30, 2023, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
At the moment, no hotel in IST has a complimentary shuttle service.

Originally Posted by nacho
I think there is a Park Inn by Radisson, but it is not a problem since the metro has opened.
Yes, but neither it has a complimentary shuttle and neither close to any station on the airport metro line.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

Yes, but neither it has a complimentary shuttle and neither close to any station on the airport metro line.
Wow, so why would anyone want to stay at the Park Inn as it's in the middle of somewhere of nowhere?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
This is something I have wondered about, too. If I have an overnight transit and want to book my own hotel as close to the airport as possible, what do you suggest?
Old Nov 14, 2023, 7:43 am

Given how far the airport is from the city, this shouldn't really come as a big surprise, and it does not seem unreasonable to me. It's an hour (or more, depending on traffic) by taxi between the airport and the city. A free shuttle would be an expensive (to operate) freebie for a hotel to give away.

It's too bad there are no hotels near the airport (at least I don't think there are any - yes, I know there are "sleeping pods" in the airport, they look a bit spendy to me given the lack of amenities). If there was one (a hotel) close by, the cost to shuttle people would not be prohibitive.

This actually looks like a solid business opportunity: it's a huge airport, with lots of transit passengers. If someone built a reasonably priced hotel adjacent to the airport, I bet they would get a lot of customers.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 1:37 pm

There are tons of new hotels in Arnavutköy, a ten minute drive from the terminal, it just appears that none of them run airport shuttles. Given the time needed to get to and from downtown, the poor timing of the metro connection for early flights, the cost of the airport hotel, and the general cost of taxis, it just makes sense to book an Arnavutköy hotel and take a taxi.
Liquid Sunshine and AfterHour like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Once the airport city is opened, there would be 2 or 3 hotels there with walking distance from the terminal building.
AfterHour likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Once the airport city is opened, there would be 2 or 3 hotels there with walking distance from the terminal building.
when would that be?
Old Nov 14, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the Hampton near the airport. I had no cash but the regular cabs take credit card. Some get snotty about the short trip. I was recommended the ride share app but it was less than useless. To get any attention you have to agree to run on the meter and offer a tip beforehand. There is so much work for the cabs from the airport that they really don't need the Uber-style business.
The Hampton was quite nice, great breakfasts, nice and clean and super service. They arrange a local non-argumentative cab back to the airport.
The drive into town can be murder once you hit the city-proper.I used the Hampton as a crash pad after a flight from NZ and was proceeding to Bodrum the next day.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AfterHour
when would that be?
2026 according to Turkish news websites.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 5:01 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
At the moment, no hotel in IST has a complimentary shuttle service. Yes, but neither it has a complimentary shuttle and neither close to any station on the airport metro line.
And to add that metro is not running after 23.30 or so...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.