Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles fails to issue award tickets on partners correctly after payment(fraud?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&Smiles fails to issue award tickets on partners correctly after payment(fraud?)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2023, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by TPJ
I am not sure what LO has to do with TK issues with partner award bookings, but IMHO:

- EU261 works reasonably well with LO,
- shaming LO on social media brings good results (as evidenced by the recent BJS reward ticket issues) - I have a feeling this strategy would not work with TK.

Sorry for OT'ing.
I saw that one - was there any update that LO has actually paid? I don't think you can get anything through TK unless you know someone working in TK.

I mentioned LO because it's comparable to TK (similar service mentality, solid hardware).
Old Nov 11, 2023, 12:47 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by nacho
I saw that one - was there any update that LO has actually paid?
They definitely paid me - of course with the usual rejection in the first place and only after threatening to complain to the national enforcement body. (Is there any airline that pays after the initial complaint?)
Old Nov 12, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by jvasiles
Thank you very much for the recommendations and sharing your experience. As a customer, I have to say this whole process is absolutely insane and will make me think twice about ever booking another flight with TK again, award redemption or revenue. I’m curious about your statement that there is “good reason that only TK backend has…the power to change things”, in this case a simple waived change/cancellation fee. Is TK management so untrusting of their own call center and ticket agents not to empower them to use logic and a problem solving mindset and enable them to waive an unjustified fee? Is TK management so desperate to collect fees that the customer experience means absolutely nothing anymore? Seems to me that sad answer is a resounding YES.
Update #2: Below is the non-sensical reply I just received from TK regarding my request via the Feedback form to waive the cancellation/change fee due to my award ticket on an Air Canada flight not being issued correctly. Is this complete incompetence or a scam to force me to pay a $70 fee? Either way, it's extremely frustating.

Dear Mr....,

We’re sorry that you had to change your travel plans. However, unfortunately we are unable to fulfill your full refund request.

We can only process refund requests in accordance with your ticket’s fare rules. Fare rules may vary depending on whether your ticket is in the flexible, limited or promotional class.

To avoid similar problems on future flights, we recommend you take careful notice of your ticket rights specified at reservation.

You can apply for cancellations via our online channels (turkishairlines.com andour mobile app).

We look forward to taking you on your next journey of discovery.

Sincerely Yours,

Meryem K.
Customer Representative

Last edited by jvasiles; Nov 12, 2023 at 10:49 am
Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Update #2: Below is the non-sensical reply I just received from TK regarding my request via the Feedback form to waive the cancellation/change fee due to my award ticket on an Air Canada flight not being issued correctly. Is this complete incompetence or a scam to force me to pay a $70 fee? Either way, it's extremely frustating.
Which category was used to open the feedback form?
Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by flyerby
Which category was used to open the feedback form?
I believe the Feedback form request was sent to this category:
Reservation and Ticketing -> Change/Cancellation

I also just now submitted a second request to a different category in the hopes that someone else at TK will comprehend the issue and assist:
Miles&Smiles program -> Star Alliance and program partners

Out of curiosity, do you believe that the selection of a certain category in the Feedback form may have contributed to the non-sensical reply that in no way addressed the issue?

Last edited by jvasiles; Nov 12, 2023 at 12:25 pm
Old Nov 12, 2023, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Right or wrong, but personally I would rather pay $70 instead of going through this.

Last edited by AfterHour; Nov 12, 2023 at 1:47 pm
Old Nov 12, 2023, 2:56 pm

Out of curiosity, do you believe that the selection of a certain category in the Feedback form may have contributed to the non-sensical reply that in no way addressed the issue?
Yes.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby
Yes.
Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that I sent the Feedback form request to the "wrong" category. TK agent could still have handled the request in so many other ways including: 1) be proactive and actually SOLVE the issue; 2) forward the request to another department if he/she is unable to resolve the issue; 3) reply by suggesting to submit another Feedback form request to the "correct" category; 4) follow up with the customer to ask for clarification if he/she didn't understand the issue, ....etc. Instead, the TK agent chose to send a non-sensical reply and close the file. This is yet another example that highlights the type of customer service that is provided by TK.
AfterHour likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 11:35 pm

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that I sent the Feedback form request to the "wrong" category. TK agent could still have handled the request in so many other ways including: 1) be proactive and actually SOLVE the issue; 2) forward the request to another department if he/she is unable to resolve the issue; 3) reply by suggesting to submit another Feedback form request to the "correct" category; 4) follow up with the customer to ask for clarification if he/she didn't understand the issue, ....etc. Instead, the TK agent chose to send a non-sensical reply and close the file. This is yet another example that highlights the type of customer service that is provided by TK.
All is true but you shouldn’t forget that the OP is also a factor in this equation. What if the OP didn’t articulate the issue as best as possible and hence the agent didn’t clearly understand the problem at hand? It is clear that the agent didn’t understand what the OP is requesting. It’s probably 99% that it’s an incapable agent and 1% due to other factors but these factors still exist. Nevertheless, even if the OP has sent the form to the right department, at least, a three times HUCA (the feedback form variant) is in due in the case that the issue is not resolved.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 3:15 am

While I wait for probably another non-sensical response from TK, I'd like to share my experience dealing with a canceled award ticket with Miles&More this morning to highlight what REAL customer service is. After receiving an email last night notifying me of the cancellation of my upcoming award flight from ZRH to ZNZ via FRA, I called the Senator help line and was immediately connected to an agent (who spoke perfect English). I provided the booking code and before I could even explain the issue, the agent realized one of the segments had been cancelled and immediately asked if she could search for alternative flights, to which I glady said yes. Within two minutes, the agent explained there were no suitable flights on my originally scheduled date but suggested she could book me on a direct ZRH-ZNZ flight on an alternative date. I mentioned that I didn't see any availability for the direct flight on the Miles&More website and she told me not to worry and that she was going to re-book me on a revenue fare class due to the cancellation (at no cost). Amazing...and all of this without me having to explain or ask for anything. She then asked if I would like to make a seat selection and proactively suggested choosing one of the throne seats, to which I of course agreed. The entire call lasted approximately 5 minutes and was such a breath of fresh air. If anyone working for TK reads this post, THIS IS WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS LIKE and you need to do better. Customers have choices, and I certainly won't be doing business with TK again after burning the remainder of my Miles&Smiles points.
flyerby likes this.

Last edited by jvasiles; Nov 15, 2023 at 3:33 am
Old Nov 15, 2023, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While I wait for probably another non-sensical response from TK, I'd like to share my experience dealing with a canceled award ticket with Miles&More this morning to highlight what REAL customer service is. After receiving an email last night notifying me of the cancellation of my upcoming award flight from ZRH to ZNZ via FRA, I called the Senator help line and was immediately connected to an agent (who spoke perfect English). I provided the booking code and before I could even explain the issue, the agent realized one of the segments had been cancelled and immediately asked if she could search for alternative flights, to which I glady said yes. Within two minutes, the agent explained there were no suitable flights on my originally scheduled date but suggested she could book me on a direct ZRH-ZNZ flight on an alternative date. I mentioned that I didn't see any availability for the direct flight on the Miles&More website and she told me not to worry and that she was going to re-book me on a revenue fare class due to the cancellation (at no cost). Amazing...and all of this without me having to explain or ask for anything. She then asked if I would like to make a seat selection and proactively suggested choosing one of the throne seats, to which I of course agreed. The entire call lasted approximately 5 minutes and was such a breath of fresh air. If anyone working for TK reads this post, THIS IS WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS LIKE and you need to do better. Customers have choices, and I certainly won't be doing business with TK again after burning the remainder of my Miles&Smiles points.
You are SEN with LH, I'm a nobody at LH and I had issue even getting through to a human. I sent email and never receive a reply.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:06 am

You are SEN with LH, I'm a nobody at LH and I had issue even getting through to a human. I sent email and never receive a reply.
If you're still having trouble contacting someone at LH, send me a private message and I'll give you the Senator phone number.
nacho likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're still having trouble contacting someone at LH, send me a private message and I'll give you the Senator phone number.
Thanks! I finally figured out the issue and fixed it myself. Can a nobody call SEN? I'd expect they will hang up or transfer you to the nobody line.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:41 am

Thanks! I finally figured out the issue and fixed it myself. Can a nobody call SEN? I'd expect they will hang up or transfer you to the nobody line.
TBH, I don't know for sure. But if you're having trouble in the future reaching someone at LH, no harm trying. By the way, you're not a nobody with LH, you're a customer that deserves respect.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:21 am

While I wait for probably another non-sensical response from TK, I'd like to share my experience dealing with a canceled award ticket with Miles&More this morning to highlight what REAL customer service is.
Sounds like it could have made for an amusing video/audio clip for someone with the means to do so: Call up different airlines and see how they handle similar problems.
TPJ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.