Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Class P tickets on LH not eligible for TK Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2023, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Recently completed a TLV-MUC-HND flight in business on LH and it seems the flight is not eligible for miles and points as it was a class P ticket.

Why is this and what is it with the global refusal across multiple airlines to recognise class P tickets?
Old Jun 24, 2023, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WheelsATC
Recently completed a TLV-MUC-HND flight in business on LH and it seems the flight is not eligible for miles and points as it was a class P ticket.

Why is this and what is it with the global refusal across multiple airlines to recognise class P tickets?
It's not a "global refusal across multiples airlines to recognise P tickets". It's "Lufthansa won't pay other FFPs to issue miles for P class tickets".

FFPs such as M&S aren't issuing miles from partner flights because they are being generous. They do it because they get paid for them by the operating airline.

So if LH doesn't want P-class tickets to earn miles, then P-class tickets don't earn miles. *A doesn't seem inclined to stop them.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's not a "global refusal across multiples airlines to recognise P tickets". It's "Lufthansa won't pay other FFPs to issue miles for P class tickets".

FFPs such as M&S aren't issuing miles from partner flights because they are being generous. They do it because they get paid for them by the operating airline.

So if LH doesn't want P-class tickets to earn miles, then P-class tickets don't earn miles. *A doesn't seem inclined to stop them.
It happens in Oneworld as well with CX P class flights not earning BA tier points.

Its an issue because more and more discounted Business class flights are being issued as P class across multiple airlines but many airlines are refusing to grant miles/points for them
Old Jun 24, 2023, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The absurdity is that TK will give you miles for LX P class (and maybe OS?) so when dealing with LH G offers in business class one needs to carefully select flights if crediting to TK M&S.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
The absurdity is that TK will give you miles for LX P class (and maybe OS?) so when dealing with LH G offers in business class one needs to carefully select flights if crediting to TK M&S.
Agree completely. It’s becoming a juggling act across airline programs
Old Jun 24, 2023, 4:09 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The rise of TK across Germany has terrified LH (despite having been TK's initial sponsor to join Star Alliance), hence the refusal to allow any P credits to M&S. The fact that LH has abandoned many German regions (relegated to EW) or downgraded feeder flights with poor service to FRA/MUC has nothing to do with it of course. Oddly enough pax not near FRA/MUC rather fly a proper full service airline via IST (especially east and south) than LH's bargain basement service offer via its two hubs. Avoiding FRA in the process is just a delightful bonus.
TPJ likes this.

Last edited by starflyergold; Jun 24, 2023 at 4:17 am
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

Its an issue because more and more discounted Business class flights are being issued as P class across multiple airlines but many airlines are refusing to grant miles/points for them
I don't really have an issue with airlines offering "Light" Business Class fares that don't earn miles. It's a commercial decision made by the airline and the passenger can choose a different airline or determine whether the fare savings compensates for the lack of miles.

And all it takes it a 10-second check of www.wheretocredit.com to see whether a given fare class with earn miles...
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by craigthemif

And all it takes it a 10-second check of www.wheretocredit.com to see whether a given fare class with earn miles...
I have never used wheretocredit.com but use TK website for the slight chance of a mismatch. Has anyone experienced a mismatch with what is reported there and what is written on TK website?

Last edited by flyerby; Jun 24, 2023 at 9:14 am
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:56 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=craigthemif;35358351]I don't really have an issue with airlines offering "Light" Business Class fares that don't earn miles. It's a commercial decision made by the airline and the passenger can choose a different airline or determine whether the fare savings compensates for the lack of miles.

And all it takes it a 10-second check of www.wheretocredit.com to see whether a given fare class with earn miles...[/

P class seems to be relatively new for most airlines so most wouldn’t be aware of this issue.

Also I class biz fares are not affected and they are typically cheaper than P class

it may well take 10 seconds to check but I guess it takes even less time to post condescending comments
Old Jun 24, 2023, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it may well take 10 seconds to check but I guess it takes even less time to post condescending comments
If you need your own thread to complain about airline mileage-earning policies - rather than to be informed about why it happens and how you can easily check which fares earn miles - I'll leave you to it...
Deckter and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 6:19 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=craigthemif;35358449]If you need your own thread to complain about airline mileage-earning policies - rather than to be informed about why it happens and how you can easily check which fares earn miles - I'll leave you to it...[/

Thank you oh wise one
Old Jun 24, 2023, 9:20 am

Also I class biz fares are not affected and they are typically cheaper than P class
I class within *A are award ticket biz. Not to be confused with revenue tickets
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerby
I class within *A are award ticket biz. Not to be confused with revenue tickets
Thanks. I’m usually on Oneworld so less familiar with Star carriers
Old Jun 24, 2023, 1:04 pm

Thanks. I’m usually on Oneworld so less familiar with Star carriers
Indeed, I class is usually the cheapest biz fare on OW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.