FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Class P tickets on LH not eligible for TK Miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2126214-class-p-tickets-lh-not-eligible-tk-miles.html)

WheelsATC Jun 23, 2023 9:01 pm

Class P tickets on LH not eligible for TK Miles

Recently completed a TLV-MUC-HND flight in business on LH and it seems the flight is not eligible for miles and points as it was a class P ticket.

Why is this and what is it with the global refusal across multiple airlines to recognise class P tickets?

craigthemif Jun 24, 2023 12:47 am

Originally Posted by WheelsATC (Post 35357827)
Recently completed a TLV-MUC-HND flight in business on LH and it seems the flight is not eligible for miles and points as it was a class P ticket.

Why is this and what is it with the global refusal across multiple airlines to recognise class P tickets?

It's not a "global refusal across multiples airlines to recognise P tickets". It's "Lufthansa won't pay other FFPs to issue miles for P class tickets".

FFPs such as M&S aren't issuing miles from partner flights because they are being generous. They do it because they get paid for them by the operating airline.

So if LH doesn't want P-class tickets to earn miles, then P-class tickets don't earn miles. *A doesn't seem inclined to stop them.

WheelsATC Jun 24, 2023 1:57 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 35358079)
It's not a "global refusal across multiples airlines to recognise P tickets". It's "Lufthansa won't pay other FFPs to issue miles for P class tickets".

FFPs such as M&S aren't issuing miles from partner flights because they are being generous. They do it because they get paid for them by the operating airline.

So if LH doesn't want P-class tickets to earn miles, then P-class tickets don't earn miles. *A doesn't seem inclined to stop them.

It happens in Oneworld as well with CX P class flights not earning BA tier points.

Its an issue because more and more discounted Business class flights are being issued as P class across multiple airlines but many airlines are refusing to grant miles/points for them

SK AAR Jun 24, 2023 2:02 am

The absurdity is that TK will give you miles for LX P class (and maybe OS?) so when dealing with LH G offers in business class one needs to carefully select flights if crediting to TK M&S.

WheelsATC Jun 24, 2023 2:17 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 35358159)
The absurdity is that TK will give you miles for LX P class (and maybe OS?) so when dealing with LH G offers in business class one needs to carefully select flights if crediting to TK M&S.

Agree completely. It’s becoming a juggling act across airline programs

starflyergold Jun 24, 2023 4:09 am

The rise of TK across Germany has terrified LH (despite having been TK's initial sponsor to join Star Alliance), hence the refusal to allow any P credits to M&S. The fact that LH has abandoned many German regions (relegated to EW) or downgraded feeder flights with poor service to FRA/MUC has nothing to do with it of course. ;) Oddly enough pax not near FRA/MUC rather fly a proper full service airline via IST (especially east and south) than LH's bargain basement service offer via its two hubs. Avoiding FRA in the process is just a delightful bonus.

craigthemif Jun 24, 2023 5:06 am

Originally Posted by WheelsATC (Post 35358156)

Its an issue because more and more discounted Business class flights are being issued as P class across multiple airlines but many airlines are refusing to grant miles/points for them

I don't really have an issue with airlines offering "Light" Business Class fares that don't earn miles. It's a commercial decision made by the airline and the passenger can choose a different airline or determine whether the fare savings compensates for the lack of miles.

And all it takes it a 10-second check of www.wheretocredit.com to see whether a given fare class with earn miles...

flyerby Jun 24, 2023 5:09 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 35358351)

And all it takes it a 10-second check of www.wheretocredit.com to see whether a given fare class with earn miles...

I have never used wheretocredit.com but use TK website for the slight chance of a mismatch. Has anyone experienced a mismatch with what is reported there and what is written on TK website?

WheelsATC Jun 24, 2023 5:56 am

[QUOTE=craigthemif;35358351]I don't really have an issue with airlines offering "Light" Business Class fares that don't earn miles. It's a commercial decision made by the airline and the passenger can choose a different airline or determine whether the fare savings compensates for the lack of miles.

And all it takes it a 10-second check of www.wheretocredit.com to see whether a given fare class with earn miles...[/

P class seems to be relatively new for most airlines so most wouldn’t be aware of this issue.

Also I class biz fares are not affected and they are typically cheaper than P class

it may well take 10 seconds to check but I guess it takes even less time to post condescending comments

craigthemif Jun 24, 2023 6:06 am

Originally Posted by WheelsATC (Post 35358426)

it may well take 10 seconds to check but I guess it takes even less time to post condescending comments

If you need your own thread to complain about airline mileage-earning policies - rather than to be informed about why it happens and how you can easily check which fares earn miles - I'll leave you to it...

WheelsATC Jun 24, 2023 6:19 am

[QUOTE=craigthemif;35358449]If you need your own thread to complain about airline mileage-earning policies - rather than to be informed about why it happens and how you can easily check which fares earn miles - I'll leave you to it...[/

Thank you oh wise one

flyerby Jun 24, 2023 9:20 am

Originally Posted by WheelsATC (Post 35358426)
Also I class biz fares are not affected and they are typically cheaper than P class

I class within *A are award ticket biz. Not to be confused with revenue tickets

WheelsATC Jun 24, 2023 10:08 am

Originally Posted by flyerby (Post 35358841)
I class within *A are award ticket biz. Not to be confused with revenue tickets

Thanks. I’m usually on Oneworld so less familiar with Star carriers

flyerby Jun 24, 2023 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by WheelsATC (Post 35358947)
Thanks. I’m usually on Oneworld so less familiar with Star carriers

Indeed, I class is usually the cheapest biz fare on OW.