Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Escalation path for ticketing issues / refunds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, TK Elite+, HHonors Gold, FB, UA, AA

I had a ticketing issue (exacertabed by call center mistakes made, and indicated in the PNR as such) that has resulted in expensive change fees (rebooking into new fare classes) for all of the flights on the itinarary. In order to get on the flight, I had a to pay them at the airport, but am now trying to work with both the local office as well as the call center to get a refund and/or a voucher. The local station is not helpful at all and unfortunately the Elite+ line redirects everything to the feedback process, which is basically a black box. 10+ feedback requests have yeilded no resolution so far.

Questions:
1) Is there an escalation path aside from submiting multiple feedback requests (and objecting to answers of denied requests)?
2) If the local TK office is of no help, is it possible to solicit the help of another station and/or the ticketing desk at IST airport? (The Elite/Elite+ transfer desk is no help either)
3) What are other potential ways to bring TK management attention to the case?

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Old Apr 9, 2023, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone, would anyone know regarding possible escalation paths given zero affirmative response to feedback requests? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 9, 2023, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
But Sir, if you paid for a rebooking/reissue of the ticket in order to fly, I think it is going to be very difficult to persuade TK to give you a refund afterwards. I doubt that local ticket office will go into this, and as you have found out the feedbacks on the website have yielded nothing.

If you paid with credit card at the airport you could dispute the credit card charge by contacting your credit card issuer.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
But Sir, if you paid for a rebooking/reissue of the ticket in order to fly, I think it is going to be very difficult to persuade TK to give you a refund afterwards. I doubt that local ticket office will go into this, and as you have found out the feedbacks on the website have yielded nothing.

If you paid with credit card at the airport you could dispute the credit card charge by contacting your credit card issuer.
Would the fact that the PNR notes (among its other line items) "CALL-CENTER MISTAKE" help the case?

Also, in terms of disputing the charge with the US credit card company (which was indeed the method of payment), has anyone had any experience of doing that with Turkish?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by dmitriy55
Would the fact that the PNR notes (among its other line items) "CALL-CENTER MISTAKE" help the case?
Idk. Your problem is that there is no incentive on the part of TK to deal with this. Easier and better to keep quiet.

Originally Posted by dmitriy55
Also, in terms of disputing the charge with the US credit card company (which was indeed the method of payment), has anyone had any experience of doing that with Turkish?
It is not about any experience with TK. You need to persuad your credit card issuer that you were charged erroneously /without grounds and the charge should be reversed. TK has nothing to do with this at the initial stage. In case your card issuer accepts the disputed transaction, TK will be able to respond to the card issuer in case TK doesn't accept the charge being reversed in your favor; most likely TK will not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.