Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Increased Award Change/Cancel Fees?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 12:17 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Data point: just cancelled an award ticket issued before the new 70usd cancellation fee rule, and the system still made me pay the old 25usd fee, as it should.
SK AAR and ankomonkey like this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Data point: just cancelled an award ticket issued before the new 70usd cancellation fee rule, and the system still made me pay the old 25usd fee, as it should.
Counter DP: I cancelled an award ticket over the phone issued before the fee increase; the agent had a lot of trouble canceling the ticket and ended up charging me the new $70 USD fee. I submitted a feedback and they replied stating that the fee was correct and linked to their award ticket FAQ. I just replied to them noting that the ticket was issued before the fee change. I have a strong feeling this is going to end with a chargeback. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 11:28 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Added DP: my cancellation was done online through the TK mobile website (as usual the app gave me a payment error message).
Old Jan 2, 2023, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Common sense aligns with contract law in suggesting that is the right and proper approach.

but i note that approach was adopted online. Sadly where TK's customer service becomes involved any reference to common becomes redundant.
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
duplicate - sorry!
Old Jan 5, 2023, 8:05 pm

Should I gamble on it for a flight in March?

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I have stopped counting the times I have rebooked or cancelled M&S award tickets under this generous rule. In fact I have paid the change fee only once (and I have yet to have an award ticket which hasn't been rebooked at least once or twice, including change of destinations ).
Hi! If I book an M&S award ticket for the end of March this year, how likely do you think a >15min change is going to happen? I'm hesitant about whether I should book a 45k business promotional ticket on a not-as-good date in the hope that an involuntary change will happen and I can reschedule it to my ideal date. This is for a ticket from North America to IST. Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by Zzzzyi
I'm hesitant about whether I should book a 45k business promotional ticket on a not-as-good date in the hope that an involuntary change will happen and I can reschedule it to my ideal date. This is for a ticket from North America to IST. Thanks!
45k promo tickets are super rare nowadays... I would take it without hesitation for the price... If schedule change happens, you are a double winner
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Welcome to FT!

If booked for late March, i.e. after the change to summer schedule on 26 March there is good chance I think. If travel date is before 26 March the chance is slim by now.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:52 am

Welcome to FT!

If booked for late March, i.e. after the change to summer schedule on 26 March there is good chance I think. If travel date is before 26 March the chance is slim by now.
Thanks! Still got a lot to learn. That's helpful to know. And fortunately, the flight's a few days after 26 March.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

U r welcome
Then there is fair chance that TK is still working on the NS23 schedule.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:51 am

Decided to go for it and just booked the ticket for BOS-IST on March 29. For anyone else also watching, TK's website says there are still 3 business promotional tickets left for the same flight.
nacho likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by stevenmirabito
Counter DP: I cancelled an award ticket over the phone issued before the fee increase; the agent had a lot of trouble canceling the ticket and ended up charging me the new $70 USD fee. I submitted a feedback and they replied stating that the fee was correct and linked to their award ticket FAQ. I just replied to them noting that the ticket was issued before the fee change. I have a strong feeling this is going to end with a chargeback. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Update: After pointing out the ticket was issued before the fee change, they issued a 43 EUR "refund cheque" in the passenger's name, noting that it is refundable in cash if you visit a sales office. Does anyone know if/how it's possible to have this refunded to the original form of payment?
Old Jan 8, 2023, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most likely not. Just contact your local TK ticket office and inquire how to get the payment. Often the ticket office can make a bank transfer so no need to go to the office.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:01 pm

Most likely not. Just contact your local TK ticket office and inquire how to get the payment. Often the ticket office can make a bank transfer so no need to go to the office.
I emailed the Chicago sales office and they were able to refund back to my credit card. Good to know they can also do ACH.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by stevenmirabito
Update: After pointing out the ticket was issued before the fee change, they issued a 43 EUR "refund cheque" in the passenger's name, noting that it is refundable in cash if you visit a sales office.
I was wondering - I made a change, supposedly *after* the new rules, but the ticket was issued a long time before and we were charged the $70.00 for a cancellation.

Is this the same scenario? Or would this stand as per TK's thinking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.