Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airlines check in hours at IST

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Turkish Airlines check in hours at IST

My flight departs IST for Chicago at 6 am on the last Thursday of this October. I read that passengers heading to the USA have to go through extra security screening. I am thinking about arriving at IST around 10 pm the night before so I can check in and relax at the Turkish Business Lounge until boarding time.
Will I be able to check in 8 hours before departure? Will there be any agent at the counter to check me in? Is the counter open 24/7? I understand that there is a separate check-in desk for Business class passengers.
Please advise. Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
You can't check in the night before because you need to go through additional security/visa questions just before check-in (which is done by Gozen) and they only start the process around 3.5 hrs before the first flight to USA/UK/Canada in the morning. That's why you also can't go to the lounge.
Are you coming from another flight? I had luck with some out stations before where I was issued a boarding pass, but some others couldn't because of this security step.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyjfk
You can't check in the night before because you need to go through additional security/visa questions just before check-in (which is done by Gozen) and they only start the process around 3.5 hrs before the first flight to USA/UK/Canada in the morning. That's why you also can't go to the lounge.
Are you coming from another flight? I had luck with some out stations before where I was issued a boarding pass, but some others couldn't because of this security step.
If there is an Israel flight at a similar time, Gzen aviation security agents would be present at the dedicated check-in counters.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by 1dragonlady
My flight departs IST for Chicago at 6 am on the last Thursday of this October. I read that passengers heading to the USA have to go through extra security screening. I am thinking about arriving at IST around 10 pm the night before so I can check in and relax at the Turkish Business Lounge until boarding time.
Why do you wish to arrive at the airport this early? Spend the day/evening in the city and around midnight or later, take the airport bus or a taxi to the airport.
TPACjv likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
There is a TK157 scheduled 10/27 1:30 am to Miami, so check in to USA should be open, but I have no experience if they will accept your bags and issue you a boarding pass that early.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ovacikar
There is a TK157 scheduled 10/27 1:30 am to Miami, so check in to USA should be open, but I have no experience if they will accept your bags and issue you a boarding pass that early.
I was able to OLCI and get a mobile bp 24hrs before departure to ATL so maybe OP (provided they dont have checked bags) could indeed make it airside and do the security check at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.