Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

115 % travel voucher surprise. What are TK thinking they are doing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum

My city sales office while rebooking a flight that had been cancelled (the original ticket was issued using one of the 115 % vouchers for payment)

alerted me to get in touch by way of feedback form with TK (found this very odd, why can't they deal with it?)
as they could see another voucher (remaining amount of the 115 % voucher). They could also see that I had used it once but could not see anywhere a voucher for the remaining balance of almost EUR 1000,-

They brought it to my attention - I was not concerned at all, thinking I would use the voucher within the given time of 2 years and it was not the purpose of my trip to the city sales office at that time.

Well, I sent a feedback form and got a reply very quickly, within hours, saying I could use the voucher only once! (and they bag the rest...)
  • It is allowed to use the traveler's cheque within 2 years starting from the issuance date.
  • It cannot be refunded in cash.
  • This traveler's cheque can be used to buy ticket for Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet flights.
  • It is not possible to change the name on it and/or transfer it to another person.
  • This cheque can only be used for reservations that include maximum one adult and one infant.
  • You are charged an additional payment for the difference when your cheque amount is lower than your ticket amount; when your cheque amount is higher than your ticket amount, on the other hand, you are given a new cheque for the difference for once only.
  • The tickets to be purchased with traveler’s cheque can be issued through our sales offices, call center or web page.

Unfortunately, I have never been given such clear information about the single use before - could I have missed it? - but misleading and incorrect ones regarding vouchers by the very TK feedback team.

Any views on that? Has anyone had such a cheerful surprise as regards to single use? And can they, TK, really do it? And what do they expect? More happy bookings with a lot of loyalty thrown in?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:14 am

Using a voucher for more than one flight

Sorry, I didn't understand from your post, were you able to use your voucher for 2 flights?

I am offered a voucher in amount of 780 eur. I intend to use it for the flight that costs 450 eur. Will I be able to use the remaining amount of 330 eur for my next flight?

Thank you.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Pantaghana
Sorry, I didn't understand from your post, were you able to use your voucher for 2 flights?

I am offered a voucher in amount of 780 eur. I intend to use it for the flight that costs 450 eur. Will I be able to use the remaining amount of 330 eur for my next flight?

Thank you.
  • You are charged an additional payment for the difference when your cheque amount is lower than your ticket amount; when your cheque amount is higher than your ticket amount, on the other hand, you are given a new cheque for the difference for once only.
For once only. Is the key phrase. So you are OK. I inadvertently tried to use it twice.

Last edited by Danny Martello; Jan 27, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Old Jan 28, 2023, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Danny Martello
For once only. Is the key phrase. So you are OK. I inadvertently tried to use it twice.
Thank you!
Old Jan 28, 2023, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Basically TK is telling you to use the voucher to buy a business class ticket
Pantaghana likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.