Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines restrictions on Russian nationals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:22 pm
gei
Original Poster

I’ve read online that Russian nationals are only able to “confirm” a flight ticket with Turkish Airlines if either the origin or final destination is in Russia itself. Apparently this is a restriction to do with payment processing (Visa and Mastercard being banned in Russia):

https://www.iol.co.za/travel/world/e...8-eb510f5c183d

Does anyone have any more information on this restriction? I don’t see anything on the website of Turkish Airlines itself.

We are planning a group trip from Istanbul to Cairo and the wife of a friend is a Russian national (who hates Putin for what it’s worth). My friend is American. Since he has an American Visa card, can he just book this flight for her? Would this restriction still apply?
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Slightly different question but same idea.

As flying TK is the only reasonable way to get to MOW these days (despite the massively expensive and profitable fares) are foreigners with valid documents for Russia facing any issues to fly TK to Russia? My understanding is no, but there can't be too many people flying to RU with an EU passport lately. I know plenty of Russians, but they fly to Russia with RU docs. Wondered if there might be a data point.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:57 am
gei
Original Poster

To answer my own question, TK has no issues flying Russian Citizens with Russian passports on any segment. I flew with a friend from Paris to Istanbul on TK - she was a Russian passport holder - without any issues whatsoever.

In regards to the above question, I am certain that as long as you have a valid Visa for Russia they would let you board.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.