Search

checkin/baggage drop off cut off at OSL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2021, 5:48 pm
kkg
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
checkin/baggage drop off cut off at OSL

Can anyone advise on the cut off timing for baggage drop off at OSL? I'm thinking if a domestic arrival on Flyr at OSL (on a separate ticket) can connect to TK flight with 100 minutes connecting time. Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
OSL should have the standard cut-off limit, which is 75 minutes before scheduled departure time.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:53 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by kkg
Can anyone advise on the cut off timing for baggage drop off at OSL? I'm thinking if a domestic arrival on Flyr at OSL (on a separate ticket) can connect to TK flight with 100 minutes connecting time. Thanks.
Flyr is a relatively new low cost airline with just 4 aircraft (as per Airfleets). I am not sure, if I would risk such the short connection - may depend on the importance of the trip, though...
Old Nov 29, 2021, 12:22 am

I think last time I flow through OSL it was 90 mins. In fact, I faced an issue where I was waiting in line and by the time my turn came around, it was like 80 mins left to take off and the horrible lady at check in wouldn't take my luggage. I felt like she was being racist/nationalist (since she had just taken luggage before me which was also past the 90 min mark) but maybe she was just a terrible person who was treating everyone terribly after the 81 minute mark. We'll never know.

Turkish airlines rep suggested I just take it with me all the way to the gate and they'll put it on board themselves. Found a manager and she also just shrugged her shoulders said, "Sorry, it's up to the check-in agents to decide and she's the only one working the Turkish Airlines flight right now." I had an oversized bag so I had to try to squeeze it through the "carry on" scanners and even the security was quite sympathetic when I explained why I am squeezing a large suitcase through their machines - I guess they know about the overly-strict check-in workers.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
90 min should be more than plenty of time to handle luggage at the highly efficient OSL. I guess that even if agents were prepared to accept checked bags around 30min mark, it would still make it to the aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.