Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight cancelled without warning?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2021, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Flight cancelled without warning?

I have a flight with TK from IST to DAC in a few weeks. Booking confirmed.
I tried to book a second ticket today for a colleague, and the flight inbound flight is nowhere to be found on google flights or the TK website. My flight still shows up in my account. I have a hard time believing this flight is completely sold out...
Any thoughts?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:14 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by tvanagt
I have a flight with TK from IST to DAC in a few weeks. Booking confirmed.
I tried to book a second ticket today for a colleague, and the flight inbound flight is nowhere to be found on google flights or the TK website. My flight still shows up in my account. I have a hard time believing this flight is completely sold out...
Any thoughts?
I know from experience that this is a very busy route. I need to do it at some point in the next few weeks and there is very little availability. Some days completely sold out and others with only J available.
tvanagt likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Try to look for availability later. The flight is not cancelled.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

thanks
have flown this route several times before and it's indeed busy. But I've never seen J full. Now it doesn't even show up on turkish airlines website!
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:04 am

Does the flight show up plus/minus three days, during the week you want to travel? If the flight doesn't show up any day for the entire week then indeed it might be a possible cancellation because it is very very rare for every single flight to sell out even in the best of times.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I'm in similar scenario, nervously watching if my flight (TK0024 IST-TPE) will stick with 5 weekly in Jan 2022. In December they've axed down to 2 flights a week (only Tue and Fri).

My flight is Jan 23rd (Sun) and I'm hoping this will stick as 80% of J seats are occupied so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.