Search

Flight cancelled, Reroute options

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Flight cancelled, Reroute options

Hello
My final flight ( 1 of 4 flights on the itenary) has been my cancelled IST-EDI and I have been rerouted on a flight in 5 days after that flight.

I have asked TK to reroute me IST-LHR on TK and then BA LHR-EDI.

Has anyone been successful getting rerouted with other airlines?
Old Sep 7, 2020, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Highly unlikely that TK will reroute you onto BA via LHR. A decent chance that TK would do so via FRA onto LH (a *A partner). You could certainly ask, but I would be prepared with the *A alternatives.

One consideration would be to price out a new ticket including the BA segment. If it is roughly the same or even cheaper, take a refund on the original ticket and purchase the new one.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. The chance that TK will reroute onto BA is close to zero as this is not IRROPS. You can try to convince TK to rebook via FRA. If not successful ask to be rebooked to LHR and book/buy LHR-EDI on your own.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Unless there is an IRROPS situation and your travel is within the next 15 days, there is no way that TK would rebook you to another airline.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

My travel is in 14 days time, I have spoke to TK and they are happy to reroute me to LHR, Birmingham, Manchester but need the London office to route me TK to LHR and then BA to Edi

I will have a look at Frankfurt, see if its an option
Old Sep 7, 2020, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tomparskate
My travel is in 14 days time, I have spoke to TK and they are happy to reroute me to LHR, Birmingham, Manchester but need the London office to route me TK to LHR and then BA to Edi

I will have a look at Frankfurt, see if its an option
If your travel is within the next 15 days ( as it is ), you would need to contact a sales office as the hotline agent told you to rebook on another airline. The hotline agents would not be able to rebook you on Lufthansa as well as they do not have the power to rebook passengers on other airlines.

However, if you have success contacting a sales office, they would help you and rebook you on another airline.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I have emailed the sales office in London but can't seem to find a number for them anywhere.

Within 15 days have I got more chance of TK putting me on a BA flight from LHR to Edi.

There is no LH or *Alliance flights to Edi that would work with my timing
Old Sep 7, 2020, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, I have emailed the sales office in London but can't seem to find a number for them anywhere.

Within 15 days have I got more chance of TK putting me on a BA flight from LHR to Edi.

There is no LH or *Alliance flights to Edi that would work with my timing
You could contact another office as well. It doesn't need to be the London office.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

It wouldn't really matter if you have been notified outside of the 14-day period where EC261 obligations change. You can't just ignore airline emails until you are within 14 days...

But as others have mentioned, a sales office can help you out. If you are near one, you might be able to drop by and sort it out in person.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 3:19 am
Original Poster

I will give them a call to see what they say. I am near to Edi airport but unfortunately that office is closed due to Covid.

It's more on the principle, I can get changed to Manchester but then need to fork out another £25 for a train back up... Where it was Turkish who cancelled my initial flight and a flight in 5 days is time is no good to man nor beast!
Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It wouldn't really matter if you have been notified outside of the 14-day period where EC261 obligations change. You can't just ignore airline emails until you are within 14 days...

But as others have mentioned, a sales office can help you out. If you are near one, you might be able to drop by and sort it out in person.
I guess IST-EDI is affected so EC261/2004 does not apply but Turkish SHGM regulations do.
And, yes, you are correct that stopping by at a sales office in person is the best way to figure out issues rather than calling the contact center multiple times and emailing sales offices continuously.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Even if EC 261/2004 did apply, you have been notified outside the 14 day window.

At this point, ask yourself whether heading to a sales office in person is going to exceed the cost of the train ticket in terms of driving and your time.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:07 am
Original Poster

The Edinburgh sales officd is closed unfortunately. I'm going to leave till tomorrow, if get an email reply from the London office or from the Customer service form I filled in online amazing. If not I will change my final flight to Manchester and get a train back up to Edinburgh
Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:50 am

Are you flying Y or J? If J I would consider the LHR flight and take one of their flatbed services on the 777 or a330 and then hop on a BA flight to EDI.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
Even if EC 261/2004 did apply, you have been notified outside the 14 day window.

At this point, ask yourself whether heading to a sales office in person is going to exceed the cost of the train ticket in terms of driving and your time.
I didn't see any indication where the OP mentioned that he has been notified outside the 14-day window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.