IAD lounge open?

Old Sep 2, 20, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Gold
IAD lounge open?

is the lounge at IAD open now? If so, are they serving food? what are their hours?
Old Sep 2, 20, 8:16 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Yes it is open;

Their opening hours are:

08:30 - 20:00 Monday & Saturday.
08:30 - 12:30 Tuesday.
08:30 - 22:00 Wednesday - Friday & Sunday.

This was the only post here in FlyerTalk after the IAD Lounge was open.

Originally Posted by SSF556 View Post
IAD lounge was open this week. prepackaged foods only. beer/liquor was available.
​​​​​​​
SSF556 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 10:15 pm
Suspended

On Dulles Airport website it says the operating hours are:

Monday: 8:30am – 8:00pm

Tuesday: 8:30am – 12:30pm & 6:00pm – 10:00pm

Wednesday: 8:30am – 10:00pm

Thursday: 8:30am – 10:00pm

Friday: 8:30am – 10:00pm

Saturday: 8:30am – 8:00pm

Sunday: 8:30am – 10:00pm

But you can probably find more relevant information from Turkish Airlines:
SSF556 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 20, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by SoGoodBill View Post
Yes, its open. I had been there two weeks ago. Turkish Airlines is known for the spectacular food in their lounges, and this lounge is no exception. Turkish does a great job spreading out the food selection in the lounge. Usually, people like to sit near the buffet, so by putting food all over the lounge, they avoid that usual crowding problem. The food selection included a mix of self-serve buffets, live cooking stations where you could custom order, and open kitchens where dishes were being prepared, and you could serve yourself.
Interesting that TK is offering a buffet with open serving dishes as that is in direct violation of Virginia law under the declared state of emergency. Wonder if that remains.
Old Sep 10, 20, 7:51 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Interesting that TK is offering a buffet with open serving dishes as that is in direct violation of Virginia law under the declared state of emergency. Wonder if that remains.
I've noticed a post in the UA forum that only pre-packaged food is available at the IAD lounge but that poster mentioned that the offering were still better than the United Club.
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:12 am

See this trip report on another website to see the morning offerings in the Turkish Airlines lounge in IAD. It's definitely better than the UA Club over there, however, no hot food available according to this report.

Old May 5, 21, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Wanted to bump this thread to give my key takeaways from a March visit to the TK lounge at IAD.

- all pre packaged foods.

- bar was not open while I was there and a section going upstairs was roped off.

- nice views of planes at the gates by the window.

- Glad I came here to grab a sandwich because UA didnít cater enough sandwiches for first class passengers on my transcon flight.

ISTFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: