FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   IAD lounge open? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2024413-iad-lounge-open.html)

eng3 Sep 2, 2020 4:55 pm

IAD lounge open?

is the lounge at IAD open now? If so, are they serving food? what are their hours?

ISTFlyer Sep 2, 2020 8:16 pm

Yes it is open;

Their opening hours are:

08:30 - 20:00 Monday & Saturday.
08:30 - 12:30 Tuesday.
08:30 - 22:00 Wednesday - Friday & Sunday.

This was the only post here in FlyerTalk after the IAD Lounge was open.

Originally Posted by SSF556 (Post 32622358)
IAD lounge was open this week. prepackaged foods only. beer/liquor was available.

​​​​​​​

Jasonation Sep 3, 2020 10:15 pm

On Dulles Airport website it says the operating hours are:

Monday: 8:30am – 8:00pm

Tuesday: 8:30am – 12:30pm & 6:00pm – 10:00pm

Wednesday: 8:30am – 10:00pm

Thursday: 8:30am – 10:00pm

Friday: 8:30am – 10:00pm

Saturday: 8:30am – 8:00pm

Sunday: 8:30am – 10:00pm

But you can probably find more relevant information from Turkish Airlines:

Often1 Sep 10, 2020 6:39 am

Originally Posted by SoGoodBill (Post 32665100)
Yes, its open. I had been there two weeks ago. Turkish Airlines is known for the spectacular food in their lounges, and this lounge is no exception. Turkish does a great job spreading out the food selection in the lounge. Usually, people like to sit near the buffet, so by putting food all over the lounge, they avoid that usual crowding problem. The food selection included a mix of self-serve buffets, live cooking stations where you could custom order, and open kitchens where dishes were being prepared, and you could serve yourself.

Interesting that TK is offering a buffet with open serving dishes as that is in direct violation of Virginia law under the declared state of emergency. Wonder if that remains.

ISTFlyer Sep 10, 2020 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32665306)
Interesting that TK is offering a buffet with open serving dishes as that is in direct violation of Virginia law under the declared state of emergency. Wonder if that remains.

I've noticed a post in the UA forum that only pre-packaged food is available at the IAD lounge but that poster mentioned that the offering were still better than the United Club.

ISTFlyer Sep 16, 2020 9:12 am

See this trip report on another website to see the morning offerings in the Turkish Airlines lounge in IAD. It's definitely better than the UA Club over there, however, no hot food available according to this report.

Brandinho1 May 5, 2021 7:49 pm

Wanted to bump this thread to give my key takeaways from a March visit to the TK lounge at IAD.

- all pre packaged foods.

- bar was not open while I was there and a section going upstairs was roped off.

- nice views of planes at the gates by the window.

- Glad I came here to grab a sandwich because UA didn’t cater enough sandwiches for first class passengers on my transcon flight.

SkyTeam777 Sep 6, 2021 12:48 pm

Any updates recently? Hoping that the hot buffet has returned for a self-serve breakfast.

mildfrequence Sep 21, 2021 8:43 pm

^^ also interested in any updates :D

mildfrequence Sep 27, 2021 1:34 pm

FWIW, there's at least one highly encouraging (recent) post from a traveler on IG if you search for the place tag "turkish airlines lounge" and pick out the appropriate location (1 Saarinen Cir Concourse B).

traxtonus Apr 15, 2022 12:10 pm

Is the shower room at the Turkish IAD lounge open? I saw a YouTube review posted 10 months ago that it was closed post-covid. I didn't want to start a new thread for my question so I thought I'd piggyback this one.

andyjones Apr 16, 2022 6:54 am

No, its not. They have converted it to a storage room for cleaning supplies etc.

If you are flying in TK J, I think you would have access to Polaris Lounge

andyjones Apr 16, 2022 6:54 am

Originally Posted by traxtonus (Post 34167879)
Is the shower room at the Turkish IAD lounge open? I saw a YouTube review posted 10 months ago that it was closed post-covid. I didn't want to start a new thread for my question so I thought I'd piggyback this one.

No, its not. They have converted it to a storage room for cleaning supplies etc.

If you are flying in TK J, I think you would have access to Polaris Lounge if you wanted showers.

However, the TK lounge is full service otherwise -- great hot food, service, full bar, etc

Cthunder86 May 5, 2022 1:20 pm

Will I be able to access the Turkish lounge if my domestic connection from IAD-EWR is in first but my actual Polaris flight is from EWR to Africa? Same day

I have a long layover at IAD so I figure I would lounge hop

ISTFlyer May 5, 2022 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Cthunder86 (Post 34224334)
Will I be able to access the Turkish lounge if my domestic connection from IAD-EWR is in first but my actual Polaris flight is from EWR to Africa? Same day

I have a long layover at IAD so I figure I would lounge hol

Lounge access given for same day international flight tickets are not a *A policy but a United policy.
If you don't have *G status, you would not be able to utilize the Turkish Airlines Lounge before flying IAD-EWR. Although, the lounge accepts PriorityPass and some other lounge membership program cards.

Also, IMO, the United Polaris Lounge in any destination in the US is much better than the TK Lounge in IAD which could easily get overcrowded before a TK, Qatar and Royal Air Maroc flight.