Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

E and E+ Clarification from the "Feedback" Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2020, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Hello all,

I am not sure if this was ever discussed here but I received clarification from the "feedback" team about E and E+ extensions.

As you may all know, TK extended all status by 6 months. However, I was not clear if the renewal periods remained the same or if they changed. So, I've asked the Feedback team, and they've responded by telling me that:

- 1st year extension period remains the same regardless of the 6 months status extension. For instance, I've qualified for E+ in September 2019. Even if my status now expires in March 2022, I would need to collect 40k status miles until September 2020 to protect my E+ status within the first year
- 2nd year extension period is extended by 6 months. So, the total period to collect 60k miles is now 30 months.

My apologies if this has been posted before, and the mods can remove this thread if this has already been shared.
DaveS and axxoo25 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Unfortunately, I am in the same condition.

Before COVID, in my original 12 month first renewal period, I was going to achieve 40000 miles, plus, I would have also achieved 40000 miles in 12+6 months since I qualified for Elite Plus. Now, I need to get 60000 miles in 30 months.

I find this policy bizarre and not customer-friendly.
Periods of 18 and 30 months would be much fairer for members.
raporot and DaveS like this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, I am in the same condition.

Before COVID, in my original 12 month first renewal period, I was going to achieve 40000 miles, plus, I would have also achieved 40000 miles in 12+6 months since I qualified for Elite Plus. Now, I need to get 60000 miles in 30 months.

I find this policy bizarre and not customer-friendly.
Periods of 18 and 30 months would be much fairer for members.
I completely agree.

I was at 38k miles in my first year, so I ended up paying $140 for 2k status miles (the system allowed me to buy the additional status miles even if I’m in the first year of my E+ cycle). I’m not sure if I’ll fly 22k miles over the next 18 months, especially when I have a lot of points accumulated via credit cards. Of course, one can question the value of protecting status when not flying much. However, I’ve thought it was worth it paying $140 for 4 more upgrades in the next two years as well as the ease of protecting status.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
At least your situation was better than me. At March, before my first cycle ended, I was 14k miles short from Elite Plus and a long-haul trip with TK in Q fare class + some domestic flights would have satisfied my renewal. However, I was not going to pay $980 just for easiness. But, TK decided to end my first requalification period in its original date rather than allowing a 6 month extra allowance. Now, I need to collect 33k miles until early 2022 rather than 13k miles until early 2021.
* I have already accumulated about 1k-1.5k status miles after my first cycle ended.

Also with the cost-cutting, I am not tempted to take a TK international flight during these days unless there is a status miles multiplier promo going on. For domestic flights, my choice depends between the cheapest available fares of TK and PC during my intended travel dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.