Search

Award name change possible?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2020, 8:47 am
fMD
Original Poster

Award name change possible?

Hi everyone,

I booked a United award using TK miles. There was a small name mistake on one of my kids where the name is missing a letter but still sounds the same without it. I initially held the reservation and the agent said I could change this when I lay for the ticket, so I didn't think much of it. When booking the ticket, the agent said they'd have to cancel the award and reissue it -- so there would be no guarantee that I'd keep the ticket given there was no more award availability. So I proceeded and bought the ticket. I tried calling TK and they said they can't change the name and United said the same thing.

Has anyone had luck changing a name on a TK issued ticket?

Thank you!
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by fMD
I booked a United award using TK miles. There was a small name mistake on one of my kids where the name is missing a letter but still sounds the same without it.
You shouldn’t be concerned about it. With The omission of single letter, your kid won’t have any problem to board the flight. Don’t do anything and you’re be fine.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. I single missing letter is not going to be an issue at check-in - it happens all the time. No need to call TK about this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.