Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

No on-board luggage allowed (rescinded 16 December)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No on-board luggage allowed (rescinded 16 December)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:39 pm

MNL-IST

Anyone flew MNL-IST in recent days? How strict is the 4kg carry-on rule? Is back-pack allowed?
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by DaveS
3 days ago on our flight to TAS, they were gate checking anything larger than a handbag/laptop. That might be normal in the TAS flights as people always want to carry too much onto this flight. The bins of the A330 were still pretty full.
This means the rule hasn't been relaxed
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Jummie
Anyone flew MNL-IST in recent days? How strict is the 4kg carry-on rule? Is back-pack allowed?
Originally Posted by Jummie
This means the rule hasn't been relaxed

Hi Jummie and welcome to FlyerTalk!

The carry-on restrictions were lifted on 16 December. It might take all outstations and all agents to get familiarized with the change. In normal cases, you are allowed to bring a carry-on weighing 8kg max + a personal item that could fit under the seat ( backpack is fine ) that would weight 4kg max.

However, I can't say anything about the interpretation of the outsourced ground staff in MNL.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Hi Jummie and welcome to FlyerTalk!

The carry-on restrictions were lifted on 16 December. It might take all outstations and all agents to get familiarized with the change. In normal cases, you are allowed to bring a carry-on weighing 8kg max + a personal item that could fit under the seat ( backpack is fine ) that would weight 4kg max.

However, I can't say anything about the interpretation of the outsourced ground staff in MNL.
Thanks for the prompt response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.