Wiki Posts
Search

Recognized by name in Y

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Recognized by name in Y

Just now during the meal service on tk12, I got recognized by name by the FA serving me and kindly reminded to use the free WiFi elite benefit. Was quite surprised and delighted.

Haven't had this experience before in Y on TK.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:20 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
I have had it occasionally.
TPACjv likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:21 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Once a couple of years back. I think I posted about it here.
TPACjv likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: TK*G EP
There was a period a couple of years ago. Then they stopped all of a sudden just like they had started.
TPACjv likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
I'd say it happens with me about 1 out of every 10 flights I take with TK. I guess there are the occasional proactive FAs who actually notice the *HVC*/*CIP* next to passengers' names on the manifest.
rozy and TPACjv like this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rozy
There was a period a couple of years ago. Then they stopped all of a sudden just like they had started.
Considering that this is fairly common in J, you have to admit that, despite their best and friendly efforts, many TK flight attendants manage to butcher many non-Turkish names when introducing themselves pre-flight when taking drink orders. (and since my Turkish is non-existent and would therefore be worse, I certainly don't mind )
So no surprise that maybe the practice was quietly shelved except by those FAs who are inclined to make the effort.
max_kolesne, rozy and TPACjv like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.