Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Help - Miles Withdrawn From Account for Attempted Award Booking But Not Ticketed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help - Miles Withdrawn From Account for Attempted Award Booking But Not Ticketed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF-Silver, TK-Gold

Hoping for some help on how to deal with a failed award ticket booking.

This is for a Star Alliance award booking (on UA) - originally held by a TK Ticket Office. When I called the 1-800 to pay the taxes/fees & miles, everything seemed to process okay - the miles were withdrawn from my account and my credit card was charged. But the itinerary did not ticket. The TK agent said that there was some error and the ticket was not showing for the booking - and to wait a day and the miles will hopefully redeposit and I can call to attempt them withdrawing the miles again.

The miles still haven't redeposited. I tried calling TK Customer Service but they can't see what's going on and suggest filing a complaint through the website.

I'd love some advice on how to hopefully get my miles back & to successfully ticket the award.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The feedback form on the website is the best way to get anything sensible out of TK.

I would say your odds are about 90/10 in favour of being refunded the points and cash (eventually) vs. actually getting the itinerary ticketed.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Good luck. You would get your miles back but it could take up several weeks and by then, the award availability for your booked flight is highly likely to disappear.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:12 am
soy

Programs: various
This happened me recently - issue happened on Friday, points returned Monday, but the hold was already cancelled when I called up to ticket (despite assurances to the contrary). They also had refunded the fees to my cc by then.
Luckily the flights I wanted were still available and no issues on second time round

Par for the course with TK
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF-Silver, TK-Gold
Thanks everyone. By perhaps a minor miracle, the miles were redeposited in my account today and I was able to successfully book the ticket.

I think this will be my last adventure trying to book an award ticket with TK - having to e-mail and call every ticket office several times to get help making the reservation, combined with the trouble of actually issuing a ticket makes any savings seem not at all worth it.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I would very much hope that certain bloggers follow your lead and explain to their readers how difficult booking TK partner awards can be... instead of trying to sell credit card applications with news of AMAZING SWEETSPOTS!!!
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:44 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I would very much hope that certain bloggers follow your lead and explain to their readers how difficult booking TK partner awards can be... instead of trying to sell credit card applications with news of AMAZING SWEETSPOTS!!!
Agreed. At least today one of the bloggers on the MtM site (one of the most guilty) had a post outlining all the pitfalls. This was the first honest representation I have seen.
Of course in the comments section his fellow bloggers were quickly on hand to attempt to play everything down.
craigthemif likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.