Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK Schedule Change "Self-Service"?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
3 schedule changes this morning (2 for the same flight) for the same reservation, about 20 minutes apart from each other. Of course the web site does not allow to accept them so had to call (luckily only twice - one of the changes was caught in the time between my calls).
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I booked YUL-IST-SIN for next year, purchased tickets on Expedia, and recently pulled up my booking on the TK web site. A schedule change notification popped up saying I could accept, change the booking or cancel. There were clearly marked buttons for "Change" and "Cancel" but I could not find the button to accept the change.

I also logged into my Expedia account and saw the original flight booking, with no sked change indication. Comparing the two sites, it appears that there is no more than a 5 minute change between YUL and IST.

If there isn't an easy way to accept this online, should I call in to TK? Or is there no risk to leaving the file "as is"?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I also have the same YUL-SIN ticket. If you're busy and far away from any TK office just leave it, show up at airport 3 hours prior (this has been discussed in another thread earlier). "Doing nothing" is actually the safest approach.

The real concern is for those of us who have tickets upgraded with expired miles and vouchers, plus J fare no longer available. Again, more DPs have shown the best approach is simply leaving it and show up at the airport early for check-in agents to sort out.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
I also have the same YUL-SIN ticket. If you're busy and far away from any TK office just leave it, show up at airport 3 hours prior (this has been discussed in another thread earlier). "Doing nothing" is actually the safest approach.

The real concern is for those of us who have tickets upgraded with expired miles and vouchers, plus J fare no longer available. Again, more DPs have shown the best approach is simply leaving it and show up at the airport early for check-in agents to sort out.
Thanks for the advice. I'll leave things alone, as I am thousands of km from the nearest TK ticker office. I'll just leave plenty of time at YUL, which will be easy given the late night departure.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: TK Elite
Flying CDG-IST-DPS next month and that is also my strategy. My only concern is since I'm flying from an outstation I am fairly certain that the check-in agents will be a third party what will be there margin of action on this... either way as far as I'm concerned the change is not from my end and I don't see why I should be denied boarding for a change they made.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by transportprof
Thanks for the advice. I'll leave things alone, as I am thousands of km from the nearest TK ticker office. I'll just leave plenty of time at YUL, which will be easy given the late night departure.
Although not directly related please get to Montreal at least 12 hours, ideally 24 hours prior to the flights, especially during the winter.

There has been enough DPs of people missing or nearly missing the long haul flights due to airport closure, flight cancellations, etc. I''ll be in Montreal the night before not only for peace of mind but also enjoying the food here.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
Although not directly related please get to Montreal at least 12 hours, ideally 24 hours prior to the flights, especially during the winter.

There has been enough DPs of people missing or nearly missing the long haul flights due to airport closure, flight cancellations, etc. I''ll be in Montreal the night before not only for peace of mind but also enjoying the food here.
That is my plan too. I have a flight booked to arrive about 30 hours before the TK departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.