Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Lounge access with MP while crediting miles to miles and smiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

I have had uneven success keeping my miles accrual on miles and smiles (no status yet) but using the MP status to gain lounge access.

Should i I not be able to do this? Does my MP need to be on my ticket to gain entrance?

thanks,
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
My trick is to use one FFP in the lounge (UA in your case) and to switch it at the gate (TK in your case).
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Because the gates to enter the lounges in IST require scanning the boarding pass, your elite status must be reflected on it.

I have no doubt that there should be a way around this, but with TK nothing is ever straightforward.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The only way to deal with the situation is to enter your UA FFP details at OLCI or at MMB and change it with the M&S one at the gate.
TK would not grant access to the lounge when the status in the BP is Classic or Classic Plus even though if you have a physical UA card. To access the lounge, your boarding pass should be matched with a *G frequent traveler card.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:29 am

Don't know how to do it, but I can tell you what did not work. Traveling recently I had done an online check-in using my my new TK membership number. At the Biz. counter I gave her my passport and showed my digital *G card from a different airline. I then asked if she could add my *G status for lounge access. She asked if I wanted to switch to using my *G FF membership instead of Turkish, but I said no, I want to keep turkish, I just want to use my *G membership for lounge access. I thought she understood what I meant and she printed out a lounge access card (said it was needed at that particular airport), and also printed out my boarding pass saying *G <other airline>. I'm wondering now if that, *G with <other airline> should have been enough to tell me that something was wrong, but I'm not sure how a boarding pass with miles credited to airline X and *G access from airline Y looks.

A few days after my flight I checked my TK account: zero miles. Checked the <other airline> account: miles posted. Tried to claim miles for the flights (two connecting flights) on TK's website: immediately credited.

So at the moment my miles have been credited to two different FF programs. Not sure if that will last or not.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
Don't know how to do it, but I can tell you what did not work. Traveling recently I had done an online check-in using my my new TK membership number. At the Biz. counter I gave her my passport and showed my digital *G card from a different airline. I then asked if she could add my *G status for lounge access. She asked if I wanted to switch to using my *G FF membership instead of Turkish, but I said no, I want to keep turkish, I just want to use my *G membership for lounge access. I thought she understood what I meant and she printed out a lounge access card (said it was needed at that particular airport), and also printed out my boarding pass saying *G <other airline>.

A few days after my flight I checked my TK account: zero miles. Checked the <other airline> account: miles posted. Tried to claim miles for the flights (two connecting flights) on TK's website: immediately credited.

So at the moment my miles have been credited to two different FF programs. Not sure if that will last or not.
At least, you achieved your goal.
TK IT has lots of issues at this time so probably you would have those miles as long as someone doesn't catch them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.