Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK availability on *A partners

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mlqsko
It is wide open everywhere but SQ and AV (lifemiles) and these are the only 2 currencies I have damnit
Lifemiles often has issues with its *A partners. Completely understandable given their business model of selling miles to book reward flights on *A partners. Given low reimbursement rates I'd be annoyed too if I ran a *A airline...

As for SQ, I can only surmise that this is a conscious decision based on where they have decided to locate Turkey for award chart purposes...
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
As for SQ, I can only surmise that this is a conscious decision based on where they have decided to locate Turkey for award chart purposes...
One can fly further than Turkey, you know... DPS-IST-EU
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Say Aug 29, DPS-IST. There's space for 2 in business and confirmed by ExpertFlyer. Ideally I'd like to use SQ/LM, but both don't have the flight.

Trying to figure out why SQ/UA/LM don't see this flight... it's not a matter of availability, it just doesn't exist.
LM just didn't update TK destination to DPS
Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:17 am

Does anyone know the relationship of TK/SK? I am trying to book an SK SFO-CPH which I see on UA and AC, but after 2 calls to the TK call center they can't see it.
I can accept if its not available through TK, but what makes me uneasy is that the 2 different agents had quite different search results...which makes me think they are not very well trained at accessing *A inventory and I would hate to miss out just because they didn't know how to search properly...
Any advice? Call a third time and if not ok, just give up?!
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
Any advice? Call a third time and if not ok, just give up?!
Call your local TK sales office, even go to their office in person, if possible.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Call your local TK sales office, even go to their office in person, if possible.
that seems to the advice everyone is giving, but my local office is closed on the weekend and by now I have made 3 calls to the 1-800 number and even when I give them the specific flight number and date, they don't even see the flight in the system, as if the flight doesn't exist.
I guess it is being blocked on TK's side?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
that seems to the advice everyone is giving, but my local office is closed on the weekend and by now I have made 3 calls to the 1-800 number and even when I give them the specific flight number and date, they don't even see the flight in the system, as if the flight doesn't exist.
I guess it is being blocked on TK's side?
As I've mentioned earlier to other members in this thread or at the "Everything about booking *A awards" thread the TK hotline is operated by a third party company and it doesn't make difference if you call the 1-800 number, the UK number or the Turkish number. All calls are being pooled to the same place.

It may be blocked by on TK's side for hotline agents, especially for flights that have TK availability. Their main goal is that they don't want to pay SK, instead, they want you to take a long detour from IST instead.

Still my best advise is going in person to the sales office, as it always worked for me.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:51 am

As I've mentioned earlier to other members in this thread or at the "Everything about booking *A awards" thread the TK hotline is operated by a third party company and it doesn't make difference if you call the 1-800 number, the UK number or the Turkish number. All calls are being pooled to the same place.

It may be blocked by on TK's side for hotline agents, especially for flights that have TK availability. Their main goal is that they don't want to pay SK, instead, they want you to take a long detour from IST instead.

Still my best advise is going in person to the sales office, as it always worked for me.
thanks for your advice!
will try to get to a ticket office, but not easy! I’m in Switzerland at the moment, Geneva airport ticket counter will do? Or do they have sub-contracted ground staff from a handling company who have even less idea how to book a partner award?!

just an observation: when I call the call center in the afternoon European time, the agents all have Russian accents and when I call at night, they sound Turkish...does TK have an English language call center in Russia?!
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks for your advice!
will try to get to a ticket office, but not easy! I’m in Switzerland at the moment, Geneva airport ticket counter will do? Or do they have sub-contracted ground staff from a handling company who have even less idea how to book a partner award?!

just an observation: when I call the call center in the afternoon European time, the agents all have Russian accents and when I call at night, they sound Turkish...does TK have an English language call center in Russia?!
I'm not sure about the GVA Airport office whether if they would have sub-contracted employees or actual TK ones. It depends on the airport if they have sub-contracted employees or not. City offices always have TK employees.

By the way, if I'm not wrong they have several contracted call center offices all around the world. They also have one in one of the Latin American countries as well.
I always call the Turkish version so I am not sure which call center is at duty which part of the day.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:02 am

I'm not sure about the GVA Airport office whether if they would have sub-contracted employees or actual TK ones. It depends on the airport if they have sub-contracted employees or not. City offices always have TK employees.

By the way, if I'm not wrong they have several contracted call center offices all around the world. They also have one in one of the Latin American countries as well.
I always call the Turkish version so I am not sure which call center is at duty which part of the day.
ah ok, will give it a go. Or wait until Monday and call my 'local' office...(which means the office nearest to my mailing address on my account?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.