Wiki Posts
Search

Buggy Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Buggy Service

I’ve just purchased the buggy shuttle service
(11.80 Euros for two people) for my connecting flight. Has anybody used this service? Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
I used it with my children and I do not plan on using it again. Unless you absolutely need it because of carry-ons, children, age or disability I would not recommend it because the airport has no clear lanes for buggies. You end up honking and moving people constantly getting a lot of angry stares. It is a real inconvenience for everyone around and the drivers talk like it is the worst job in the airport
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Paid for it to use when transiting with two kids, will report back when we used it. Was only about €15 for two adults, two kids including tax.

I saw a buggy pick-up point right outside the M&S lounge the other day, but don’t know where other buggy stations are in the building. If they are only in the central location, there is limited value to the service.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcmb99
I used it with my children and I do not plan on using it again. Unless you absolutely need it because of carry-ons, children, age or disability I would not recommend it because the airport has no clear lanes for buggies. You end up honking and moving people constantly getting a lot of angry stares. It is a real inconvenience for everyone around and the drivers talk like it is the worst job in the airport
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
Paid for it to use when transiting with two kids, will report back when we used it. Was only about €15 for two adults, two kids including tax.

I saw a buggy pick-up point right outside the M&S lounge the other day, but don’t know where other buggy stations are in the building. If they are only in the central location, there is limited value to the service.
I’m flying in two days. I’ll also report back if I end up using the service. Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:38 am

I’ve used it as a CEPTETEB member for free. There is one station in front of the M&S lounge entrance and one in front of the business lounge. They directy
take you to your gate. However, I don’t know how do they work when arriving.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:16 am
Original Poster

It’s great to know that there’s one in front of the business lounge. Thank you for that information.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I thought the first word in this thread's title was an adjective, and read it looking for reports of a computer program glitch, or insects on board.

I've never heard of those electric carts that beep their way around airports referred to as buggies before.
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:03 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by transportprof
I thought the first word in this thread's title was an adjective, and read it looking for reports of a computer program glitch, or insects on board.

I've never heard of those electric carts that beep their way around airports referred to as buggies before.
You never heard of golf buggies?

transportprof likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tcmb99
I used it with my children and I do not plan on using it again. Unless you absolutely need it because of carry-ons, children, age or disability I would not recommend it because the airport has no clear lanes for buggies.
Do they use these (free) for disabled passengers? Or do they still have those nifty scooter contraptions?
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:49 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Do they use these (free) for disabled passengers? Or do they still have those nifty scooter contraptions?
They do still use those nifty scooter contraptions for disabled - I think you can request them for elderly as well.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:14 pm

I saw a person-standing-behind-piloting-wheelchair-thingamajig last week.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Hanah
I’ve just purchased the buggy shuttle service
(11.80 Euros for two people) for my connecting flight. Has anybody used this service? Thank you.
Interested to hear how you booked this in advance?
And how was the experience? did they pick you up at the gate?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
Interested to hear how you booked this in advance?
And how was the experience? did they pick you up at the gate?
https://www.igapass.com/en
or the IST airport app

gate meet and greet service is available but €€€.

Departure/transfer service is affordable, but only seems to operate from the central hub outwards.
dutchgirlDH and Hanah like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:39 pm

So I paid short of 15 Euro for the buggy service for the family trip home. The four of us had a comfortable ride all the way to......gate A1

I embarrassed my wife and kids to no end by doing the ‘queen wave’ at people throughout the short trip. That alone was worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.