Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU 261 for TXL IST? ... Desaster..

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
Coming to the FT TK forum to complain that their handling of IRROPS can be awful is akin to going to the BA forum to moan that the F product doesn’t measure up to LH. It’s preaching to the choir. We know!
Love that analogy - so true! Made my day!
nancypants and gr8pirate like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by cagcag
You, OP, are lamenting the lack of empathy here; you should instead be focusing on facts and not emotions here in this forum.
oh, all the facts have been said. and I did get a few neutral understanding and helpful PMs.. and I did get some other here. I just stated the facts about the right flight number above and that I had to clear security and immigration - alas someone above told me my flight wasnt even existing on that day. lol
I dont see what is emotional to realize the fact that TK will be washing their hands with water and claim innocent.. latest judgments have increased the "all reasonable measures" clause.. and TK did not use all reasonable measures to make the connection. The diversion to a non manned airport. or very obvious on the way back where they didnt leave the gate open to the latest chance of 12 but closed it "on time" 20min prior to departure. expertflyer showed a fully booked flight. guess they had a point to leave on time and not wait.
these are all facts... certainly those can get people emotional.. they got me emotional because I had to spend three hours on a plane that smelled like vomit and missed an important day.
and surprisingly people on here got emotional.
but the facts remain.. and we all know theres a difference in beeing right and winning a law suit on TK rules and regulations in Turkey :-)

Coming to the FT TK forum to complain that their handling of IRROPS can be awful is akin to going to the BA forum to moan that the F product doesn’t measure up to LH. It’s preaching to the choir. We know!
I am glad that this made y'alls day and I like humor as well.. I just did not know this. and that is also why I sat up this post... so other people can read in the future what is possible at the new IST airport.. extremely horrible delays with horrible IRROPS leading to a crowed screaming you cant blame them you shoulda known better :-)
Old May 27, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
extremely horrible delays with horrible IRROPS leading to a crowed screaming you cant blame them you shoulda known better
I’m guessing you are German from the way you used ‘Desaster’ to describe your unfortunate experience, but Germans aren’t usually such drama queens like your last few posts would indicate, so I’m not entirely certain.

We’re sorry you had crappy experiences with TK. It’s not usually like that. I don’t think we’re an unusually rude bunch and don’t think you’d get a much warmer reception over at the German VFT on the same subject matter.

please let us know how it all comes out and what the verdict is. Good luck.

P.S. please use spellcheck
nancypants and axxoo25 like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:20 am
Original Poster

I’m guessing you are German from the way you used ‘Desaster’ to describe your unfortunate experience, but Germans aren’t usually such drama queens like your last few posts would indicate, so I’m not entirely certain.
lol.. thank you for your kind words.. I know.. Germans are usually Nazis... but as you see.. sometimes drama queens.. not sure if you are referring to my homosexuality ?

sorry.. I could not resist..

I don’t think we’re an unusually rude bunch and don’t think you’d get a much warmer reception over at the German VFT on the same subject matter.
Oh the "lynch mob" was not my analysis.. that was done by two other readers.

P.S. please use spellcheck
you cannot be American.. they are usually more tolerant.. *rofl* - thank you for taking the time to read my story and your substantial input on the facts and for analysing my personality
Old May 27, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
you cannot be American.. they are usually more tolerant
OT, but there is no country I know that is more tolerant of cruelty to grammar and spelling.
Accurate spelling in the US is an optional extra that costs $$$. It’s usually a game of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey.
Romanianflyer likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Topic closed?

Mod. Isn't it time to close this thread as it has drifted into non-THY mudslinging.
Let the OP have the best of luck in his Quixotic search for financial compensation!
Old May 27, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by cagcag
Mod. Isn't it time to close this thread as it has drifted into non-THY mudslinging.
Let the OP have the best of luck in his Quixotic search for financial compensation!
And what about the judgment the TO might share in the future?

If the TO says he will not claim, we can close the thread..
Old May 27, 2019, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by axxoo25
And what about the judgment the TO might share in the future?

If the TO says he will not claim, we can close the thread..
I claimed ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.