Search

TK Elite on UA

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
TK Elite on UA

Hello all

I have an upcoming flight with United in August, what benefits if any can I use on a United Flight as a Turkish Elite member?

Thank you
Old May 17, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Alan Nevin
Hello all

I have an upcoming flight with United in August, what benefits if any can I use on a United Flight as a Turkish Elite member?

Thank you
Free check bag

Elite check-in area and security clearance

Lounge access

Group 2 boarding (although they keep changing their system, so don't hold me on the group number - in short priority boarding but after their own top elite).

That is about it.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Free same day change on the flights (SDC) unless you book Basic Economy.

This is a huge benefit, sometimes I don't book the flights I really want due to cost and simply wait for them to offer me my ideal flights 24 hours during check-in window. Although I wouldn't count on it.

I haven't flown UA for quite a while (within US as a matter of fact), it's just not the same anymore.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Group 2 boarding (although they keep changing their system, so don't hold me on the group number - in short priority boarding but after their own top elite).
They are playing around w it, I was group 2 at LAX last year and Group 1 at LHR recently.

UA have been good to me over the years.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy

This is a huge benefit, sometimes I don't book the flights I really want due to cost and simply wait for them to offer me my ideal flights 24 hours during check-in window. Although I wouldn't count on it.

I haven't flown UA for quite a while (within US as a matter of fact), it's just not the same anymore.

Intresting - most of my UA flights are for work and booked as Y class and I always assumed I get this option because of that, not because the *G status. I'll have to pay attention on my next none work flight.

Last edited by MD/DC Flyer; May 18, 2019 at 6:48 am Reason: spelling error
Old May 17, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Free checked bag
Premium Check-in and Premier Access
Lounge access (including United Club locations)
Group 1 boarding
Free same day change unless you booked Basic Economy
Old May 18, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Free same day change unless you booked Basic Economy
WOOWWW!!! Free SDC for *G on UA? That's BIG! I didn't know that. I always thought it was for UA's own elites (Gold,Plat, 1k & GS): didn't know they do that for *G pax of another carrier's program too!! Thanks for the information.

And, I assume it would be SDC for all domestic flights within the US and Canada, correct?
Old May 18, 2019, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
WOOWWW!!! Free SDC for *G on UA? That's BIG! I didn't know that. I always thought it was for UA's own elites (Gold,Plat, 1k & GS): didn't know they do that for *G pax of another carrier's program too!! Thanks for the information.

And, I assume it would be SDC for all domestic flights within the US and Canada, correct?
I've only tried using that benefit on domestic flights within the US. However, AFAIK, you could also benefit from the same day change on international flights as well. However, availability depends on the fare basis you would purchase. Not all flight options are listed within the SDC options.
Old May 18, 2019, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I've only tried using that benefit on domestic flights within the US. However, AFAIK, you could also benefit from the same day change on international flights as well. However, availability depends on the fare basis you would purchase. Not all flight options are listed within the SDC options.
Did you do the SDC on the app / website? If yes, I assume it correctly recognised the *G number attached to the booking?
Old May 19, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Did you do the SDC on the app / website? If yes, I assume it correctly recognised the *G number attached to the booking?
Both app and website.

Since SDC availability varies by minute, I use my app to refresh constantly to see if my most desired flights come up as they could disappear net minute (or second). As ISTFlyer said, it also depends on the fare you purchase,
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:46 am

Both app and website.

Since SDC availability varies by minute, I use my app to refresh constantly to see if my most desired flights come up as they could disappear net minute (or second). As ISTFlyer said, it also depends on the fare you purchase,
Thanks for the datapoint!

Good to know that UA IT recognizes *G even before check-in, and provides SDC as a *G benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.