Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IST M&S Lounge Meetup

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
IST M&S Lounge Meetup

Posted in the *A meet up forum but didn't receive any response there so trying my luck here...

Request for 1 pax / 20 May / 10:40 - 17:55 / IST / M&S Lounge

Need someone to help with getting one person into the M&S lounge at IST.

My friend and his family are traveling with my family. I will be able to guest 1 person to the M&S lounge. Would need help with guesting the 2nd person.

We have a very long layover so any help would be immensely appreciated.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; May 6, 2019 at 10:18 am
Old May 7, 2019, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Posted in the *A meet up forum but didn't receive any response there so trying my luck here...

Request for 1 pax / 20 May / 10:40 - 17:55 / IST / M&S Lounge

Need someone to help with getting one person into the M&S lounge at IST.

My friend and his family are traveling with my family. I will be able to guest 1 person to the M&S lounge. Would need help with guesting the 2nd person.

We have a very long layover so any help would be immensely appreciated.
If no one is available to help here's what I'd do:

Try asking at the lounge entrance when you are there - remember don't give them the DYKWIA look and attitude. I was asked the the staff once if it's ok to guest someone in the situation you mentioned.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Thanks nacho... I'll ask at the entrance... without the attitude
Old May 7, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In your post it looks like most of you have *G? Otherwise if your friend's family is joining you and your family...... I hope you know lounge access is strictly by head, and that you can't expect a dragon to use a card and get a whole clan in. TK won't even let a toddler in - I was there, saw it and I didn't help that DYKWIA woman who insists that SK allows family into the lounge so it is valid in all *A lounge.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:53 am
Original Poster

I'm *G and my family is all in J. So we'll be able to get into both the Biz & M&S lounges by all accounts here.

My friend's family is 3 pax (parents + 2 year old). I can guest 1 parent in (and I was hoping the kid too) as my *G+1. I wanted help guesting the 2nd parent.

I do understand there is a chance that the lounge dragon might insist the 2 year old requires to be checked-in too. But currently I'm unable to find 1 volunteer let alone 2.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm *G and my family is all in J. So we'll be able to get into both the Biz & M&S lounges by all accounts here.

My friend's family is 3 pax (parents + 2 year old). I can guest 1 parent in (and I was hoping the kid too) as my *G+1. I wanted help guesting the 2nd parent.

I do understand there is a chance that the lounge dragon might insist the 2 year old requires to be checked-in too. But currently I'm unable to find 1 volunteer let alone 2.
If I were you I'd first try to do it in one go, they might let you through since so many of you are entitled to the benefits. Just be prepared in case they deny you - pick a person who don't need the lounge. Last time we used AMEX Plat to get into a premium plaza lounge and Mr. was ready to stay outside (when the dragon told us that we can't all get in and we asked if the main card holder stay outside and let the kid in) and the dragon let all of us in.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Is there a Premium Plaza lounge in the new IST?
Old May 19, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Is there a Premium Plaza lounge in the new IST?
No, probably Nacho is mentioning one of his experiences in another airport.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
No, probably Nacho is mentioning one of his experiences in another airport.
Yep it was the one at LHR.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:56 pm

Hi I'm a business class and Star Alliance Gold passenger here at IST until 11:30am on 5/20--let me know if I can be of any help!
Old May 20, 2019, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Totoro415
Hi I'm a business class and Star Alliance Gold passenger here at IST until 11:30am on 5/20--let me know if I can be of any help!
Thank you very much for your offer but my friend just landed at 2:00 p.m. Appreciate your offer.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
There is a separate thread in this forum for these "please guest me into the lounge" requests. It should still be applied despite that the lounge is now at the new airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.