Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's that the one which is essentially just a chunk of frosting with a bit of cake underneath?
Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by DaveS
I can confirm that there was no Efes in the chillers yesterday afternoon. Also absent were the mint lemonade drinks. And worst of all, my favourite chocolate cake.
I'm sure there are many culinary delights waiting for you in Kigali ...
DaveS likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by hfly
It's that the one which is essentially just a chunk of frosting with a bit of cake underneath?
The one with the chocolate triangle, chocolate covered and chocolate sponge. Small things!
Old Nov 5, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
So how does the iGA lounge compare to the Turkish Airlines lounge now? My next flight is in the afternoon so I was wondering if I should give it a try..
Old Nov 6, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by aapee
So how does the iGA lounge compare to the Turkish Airlines lounge now? My next flight is in the afternoon so I was wondering if I should give it a try..
I had a 4 hour layover at IST on Monday. The airport was one big mess, full of people and basically no seating unless you went to the gate wings. I decided to purchase access to the IGA lounge. It was about 50 EUR.

Some cold foods, sweet and savoury, were available at a self-serve buffet. The cheesecake (they called it tiramisu for some reason) was excellent, otherwise the food was tasteless. There was warm chicken kebab and some rice available, too. School cafeteria quality. Water and soft drinks were available at a self-serve refrigerator. Don't know about alcohol.

For me it was worth it because of the easy wifi and the chance to sit somewhere in relative peace. Too many kids running around, though, but not nearly as bad as the madhouse downstairs. I would have needed a meal anyway, so the add-on was maybe 30 EUR or so.
jdhnyc and aapee like this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Does anyone know if the showers are open in the TK Business lounge in IST? Also if I may...what about the golf simulator?

Cheers
jdhnyc likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tayaran
Does anyone know if the showers are open in the TK Business lounge in IST? Also if I may...what about the golf simulator?

Cheers
No, the showers are closed in the TK Miles&Smiles Lounge. The TK Business Lounge is completely closed.
The golf simulator in the M&S Lounge should be closed as well though I am not sure.
tayaran likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 5:15 pm

Ah I see Thanks, so i guess J class travellers and M&S elites use the same lounge?
Old Nov 6, 2020, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Ah I see Thanks, so i guess J class travellers and M&S elites use the same lounge?
Yes, that is correct.
DaveS and tayaran like this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 3:28 pm

Any one know how busy the M&S Lounge is in IST right now? Im worried by Dec the Lounge would be packed if they don't open the Business lounge too!
Old Nov 16, 2020, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Any one know how busy the M&S Lounge is in IST right now? Im worried by Dec the Lounge would be packed if they don't open the Business lounge too!
Generally not busy, although there could be long lines for the köfte and pide station as they are the only hot food in the lounge.
The iGA Lounge ( if you have PriorityPass or willing to pay for entry ), is much emptier and has better offerings.

The Business Lounge would probably not open as the eastern part of the duty-free area ( where the Business Lounge is located ) is temporarily closed until further notice by the airport authorities.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Any changes recently?

Have there been any changes in catering in the TK lounges in IST since the restaurant restrictions came into place a couple of weeks ago? Do they still serve food? Do they still not serve any alcohol? Are the showers open? What about daytime beds? Any changes to the IGA lounge?
jdhnyc likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by asnovici
Have there been any changes in catering in the TK lounges in IST since the restaurant restrictions came into place a couple of weeks ago? Do they still serve food? Do they still not serve any alcohol? Are the showers open? What about daytime beds? Any changes to the IGA lounge?
Airports and transportation hubs are excluded from the restriction so there are no changes.

Previously for the TK M&S Lounge, someone had reported the sleeping rooms and the showers were closed here in FT but this needs verification.
AFAIK, still, no alcohol is available but hot food is served.

For the iGA Lounge, the showers should be open.
asnovici likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Airports and transportation hubs are excluded from the restriction so there are no changes.

Previously for the TK M&S Lounge, someone had reported the sleeping rooms and the showers were closed here in FT but this needs verification.
AFAIK, still, no alcohol is available but hot food is served.

For the iGA Lounge, the showers should be open.
Thank you! Very informed response, as always.

Sounds like its straight to the IGA Lounge as it has been for months.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by asnovici
Thank you! Very informed response, as always.

Sounds like its straight to the IGA Lounge as it has been for months.
You're welcome
asnovici and TPJ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.