Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I can't confirm the new flight details

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by q9pnu
Same issue here. TK is telling me the new flight time changes need to be confirmed by my TA. Every time I've spoken to TA they've told me its been confirmed by them. Im going to the TK offices the day before flying. Does anybody know if this will be enough time for me to confirm the flight changes in person and then manage my booking again/check in online
Hi q9pnu and welcome to FlyerTalk!

You could also trying confirming the changes at check-in at the airport or you could visit a sales office beforehand. The risk of confirming the changes is in case of overbooking, with a UNCONFIRMED booking you could be bumped off the flight without any compensation and fly with the next available flight. Also, you could lose your seat assignment if you don't confirm the changes beforehand, at the airport, the agent would give you one of the remaining seats.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:06 pm

Thank you for your reply. When you say to visit a sales office beforehand, do you think going the day before will be good enough time to confirm my flight and resolve the issue?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
You would be %100 fine if you completed it before OLCI starts, and when you check-in online, %99,9+ you would be allowed to board the flight.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:14 pm

Thats great thank you for your advice. i'll be able to get to the sales office after the OLCI starts but only by a few hours over. Am I able to confirm the changes at the sales office even after the OLCI starts?

Last edited by q9pnu; Nov 13, 2019 at 3:45 pm
Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, you could;
Also, a check-in agent could confirm the changes but as I've mentioned in the first post, if you wait until check-in, you may lose your seat assignments or you might be dumped off from a flight due to overbooking.

If you ask the load for your flight here, 2 days ago, I could give an estimate about the flight being overbooked or not.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:41 pm

Sorry are you saying if I come back on here with the flight number 2 says BEFORE the flight you'll be able to give me give an estimate about the flight being overbooked or not?

​​​​​​​Thank you for all this info its much appreciated
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by q9pnu
Sorry are you saying if I come back on here with the flight number 2 says BEFORE the flight you'll be able to give me give an estimate about the flight being overbooked or not?

Thank you for all this info its much appreciated
Yes
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:21 pm

What happens if i select “cancel flight” instead of accepting the change in flight times (5 minutes). Do i get a full refund?
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seden
What happens if i select “cancel flight” instead of accepting the change in flight times (5 minutes). Do i get a full refund?
Hi, Seden and welcome to FlyerTalk!

If you select cancel flight for a 5-minute schedule change, the system would give you an error.
If you want to refund your ticket and if there is no waiver active for your destination, the refund would be processed by observing your original fare rules.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Hi, Seden and welcome to FlyerTalk!

If you select cancel flight for a 5-minute schedule change, the system would give you an error.
If you want to refund your ticket and if there is no waiver active for your destination, the refund would be processed by observing your original fare rules.
Thank you for the quick response!
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
A couple of days ago I cancelled in the TK app TK flights for July due to a schedule change of 20 min for the last leg. To be honest the schedule change was immaterial for me but I'm aware of the 15 min sch. change rule with TK and to cancel would be more convenient for me, so I proceeded with the cancel/refund function in the app. When checking the reservation in the app I was informed that I could accept the sch. change or cancel and get a full refund. Did the latter and I was also informed of the amount that I would be refunded. Now the TK flights are gone from the reservation so I expect the amount to be credited back to my CC at some stage. Really easy.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
A couple of days ago I cancelled in the TK app TK flights for July due to a schedule change of 20 min for the last leg. To be honest the schedule change was immaterial for me but I'm aware of the 15 min sch. change rule with TK and to cancel would be more convenient for me, so I proceeded with the cancel/refund function in the app. When checking the reservation in the app I was informed that I could accept the sch. change or cancel and get a full refund. Did the latter and I was also informed of the amount that I would be refunded. Now the TK flights are gone from the reservation so I expect the amount to be credited back to my CC at some stage. Really easy.
i had the cancel or accept option in the app. When it says confirm cancel, it that the last step or did it tell you the refund amount before cancelling?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The refund amount will appear before confirming - look at lower left corner - same place where you would find the total fare if you booked a flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.