Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Flight Changes

Good Evening Everyone,

Odd question. I am flying from CLE>YYZ>IST>CAI in a couple of weeks. Then I'm returning AMM>IST>YYZ>CLE in November. However, I keep getting emails saying that my flight times have changed. All the changes have been from 1-10 minutes and I get a notification on the website and on my phone saying I have to call and confirm the changes. When I call the THY customer service reps have said that since some of the changes are with another airline (Air Canada, only for the CLE > YYZ and YYZ > CLE legs) the only way to confirm the flights is to go to the airport to a sales office.

With all that explanation out of the way, here is my worry. I do not have a THY office near me, the closest one is in Toronto. If I go to the CLE airport and check in for my Air Canada flight, will I be able to board or am I required to go to a THY office in order to confirm the changes? This is all very confusing and the THY customer service cannot provide any answers outside of "go to the airport". Any insight you can provide will be appreciated.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You will be fine. There's no requirement to confirm flight changes but you will find that some functionality doesn't work (seat selection, etc.) until you do.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No need to worry. Just show up in time for check-in and you will be fine. No need to waste any time confirming these immaterial flight changes. At some point/closer to departure TK may also at their initiative accept the changes for you to clear the reservation. So unless you object the time changes, I suggest to sit tight/do nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.