Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading economy seats with miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Upgrading economy seats with miles?

I've never booked or flown on Turkish but thinking of using them for a brief trip to Istanbul later this year. I have a fair few amex MR points which I would like to transfer over to Turkish to upgrade my seat to business class. Is this something that can easily be done? Am based in London. Thanks
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm pretty sure that Turkish Miles & Smiles isn't a transfer partner of American Express in the UK.

If you're planning to upgrade via a different Star Alliance ffp, it will become rather more difficult.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
You can go Amex MR->Marriott Rewards->TK. Not sure of the exact conversion rates and upgrade miles required to assess whether this is horrible value or not.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Sorry I didn't get back earlier, I've been locked out of my email for a spell and didn't get the replies. Thanks both for your input and that's annoying about the MR points not transferring. Will see what else I can transfer instead. Again thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.