Wiki Posts
Search

Confused with StarAlliance award chart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG PLT 100+, TK ELITE+
Confused with StarAlliance award chart

Can anyone advise what amount of TK miles needed for OW Business from Australia (Oceania region) to Singapore (Far East region). Looking at the chart here (https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-k...rds/index.html) I see 150 000 miles.. I found availability on SingaporeAir but can't define the actual number of miles needed.
Am I doing something wrong?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You would pay 50% of that for a one-way. But, yes, it appears that TK charges an outrageous number of miles for that reward option - probably since TK don't fly to Oceania.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You would pay 50% of that for a one-way. But, yes, it appears that TK charges an outrageous number of miles for that reward option - probably since TK don't fly to Oceania.
it’s the sour spot of the TK award options
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

it’s the sour spot of the TK award options
Sour spot. Love it. ^

It does demonstrate that TK doesn't really want us spending miles on partners at all. But it isn't quite vindictive enough to have a completely separate partner reward chart. (although I seem to recall that there might have been one at some point)
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Sour spot. Love it.
:-)

It does demonstrate that TK doesn't really want us spending miles on partners at all. But it isn't quite vindictive enough to have a completely separate partner reward chart. (although I seem to recall that there might have been one at some point)
On the other hand: TATL J/F or domestic US J redemptions (IF you actually manage to book one) are ‘priced’ generously compared to other *A FFPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.