Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

ET Business in P class now credit 100% to TK MS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ET Business in P class now credit 100% to TK MS?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by nacho
That's exactly what I think as well - I book a ticket because I like the price and "hopefully" the mileage associated with it. TK has every right to change the accrual table anytime without prior notice - they can literally change the earning table the day before you fly.

TK is not the worst regarding this things - at least they actually have a table to show you what you "might" be able to earn. RJ is worse - I emailed them and they confirmed the earnings as they don't actually published the table online for other OW partners. We were told those booking classes gives 70% earnings but we ended up getting 25% max! Wrote to their CS and they said they will gave us whatever AA (who sold the ticket) gave them.

That's pretty good that they will give you those miles anyway, no way TK would ever do that!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by Goaguy
Some times, yes. But ET only offers two paid classes in business class. P is the cheapest option and then there is the full fare D, which is often double the price of P - and much more expensive than what you can find on other airlines. So essentially, if you want to fly ET business class without (over)paying, you'd be flying in P.
I see the following classes on ET. What do C and J refer to then if they are not paid classes?

C7 J7 D7 P1
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by nacho
... TK has every right to change the accrual table anytime without prior notice - they can literally change the earning table the day before you fly.
Not they don’t (at least for countries with a strong regulator). They have the right to give notice and only then change the earning table.
BTW TK usually follows this rule.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by ETStar
I see the following classes on ET. What do C and J refer to then if they are not paid classes?

C7 J7 D7 P1
C is paid business class for sure. My ex Oslo ticket to South Africa from March last year was in C. Booking class D and P are also well know business class fares on ET. I have yet to see a J fare on ET,
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by SK AAR
C is paid business class for sure. My ex Oslo ticket to South Africa from March last year was in C. Booking class D and P are also well know business class fares on ET. I have yet to see a J fare on ET,
My last trip was in business and a mixture of K and J fare classes.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Seems I stand corrected then, that there are other paid business fare classes out there than D and P.
P is still the cheap option, though.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
So does anyone have any upcoming fares booked in ET P-class and dare to test if it really does credit 100%?
I have a flight coming up in October ACC-HKG-ACC in ET P, I'll definitely post some feedback. I hope there's someone flying P earlier though so I know what to expect.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Some *A carriers do credit P for at least some miles (ie. NH at 75%), otherwise I'd love to go to Asia once using ET and have a stopover in ADD.

It looks like it does now as this is updated, I would love to get some DP before booking YYZ-Asia in P (sometimes they do have very good deals on P)

https://www.wheretocredit.com/ethiopian-airlines/p
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:40 am

Huh what. Am I ignorant, or is this thread saying an Ethiopian business fare did not credit at 100% with Turkish until now? But ... for some time Economy fares on Ethiopian have been crediting 100%? Like, it's the whole crux of doing Ethiopian mileage runs on the cheap for Turkish status and/or redeemable miles.

Just trying to make sense of this. Maybe I am not too bright today.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Huh what. Am I ignorant, or is this thread saying an Ethiopian business fare did not credit at 100% with Turkish until now?
Yes, that is correct. Until now ET business fares in P would credit 0% to Miles & Smiles.
That said.. There is still a part of me that doesn't want to believe it has changed until I see a proof.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It seems that you missed that until now ET P class wasn't eligible at all with TK M/S
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:52 am

Yes, that is correct. Until now ET business fares in P would credit 0% to Miles & Smiles.
That said.. There is still a part of me that doesn't want to believe it has changed until I see a proof.
And is it correct that for years all ET economy fares credit at 100% to Turkish? I mean, these mileage runs are not a new idea.

That's a pretty hilarious (and annoying) inconsistency, if true.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Gaaahhh!!! Literally just posted on an older thread regarding ET P crediting to TK M&S, and found this! Oh well!! Hopefully, should have 4 data points by November. Also get to try out their A350!!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
And is it correct that for years all ET economy fares credit at 100% to Turkish? I mean, these mileage runs are not a new idea.
​​​​​I believe that is true. I haven't yet come across an ET Economy fare that does not credit 100% to miles and smiles.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:59 am

Looks like TK removed P again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.