Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

ET Business in P class now credit 100% to TK MS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus

Have i missed something - did this just change? I now see P-fares on ET as crediting 100% to Miles and Smiles, used to be zero. Anyone tried this yet?
Seems I now have a good reason to fly J on ET.
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...nes/index.html

Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Wow and probably an error.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Whats all the fuss about these ET P fares? Are they that cheap?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Granite64
Whats all the fuss about these ET P fares? Are they that cheap?
Some times, yes. But ET only offers two paid classes in business class. P is the cheapest option and then there is the full fare D, which is often double the price of P - and much more expensive than what you can find on other airlines. So essentially, if you want to fly ET business class without (over)paying, you'd be flying in P.

Example, this great fare has been around for a while:
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Goaguy
Some times, yes. But ET only offers two paid classes in business class. P is the cheapest option and then there is the full fare D, which is often double the price of P - and much more expensive than what you can find on other airlines. So essentially, if you want to fly ET business class without (over)paying, you'd be flying in P.

Example, this great fare has been around for a while:
That's a nice mileage run ;-)
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
That's a nice mileage run ;-)
Not when it only credits to ET and CA. If TK credits ET P class fares, they will be the 3rd *A carrier to do so.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I wouldn't count on it unless I'm flying in the very near future. As everyone know mileage earning can change anytime and what you earn is not at the time of booking but at the time of flying.
Goaguy likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by nacho
I wouldn't count on it unless I'm flying in the very near future. As everyone know mileage earning can change anytime and what you earn is not at the time of booking but at the time of flying.
I wouldn’t recommend your strategy to minimize change to FFP earning either (by buying only tickets for the near future) because as everyone knows ticket price go up when nearing flight date.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
I'm surprised it used to be zero....I've flown a lot of discounted economy with ET crediting TK (don't remember exact fare class) and everything credited 100%....fantastic mileage running and easily reached gold where with other programs I would have either earned zero or some small percentage. Hard to believe that any J fare bucket would earn zero...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:56 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by vytas315
Hard to believe that any J fare bucket would earn zero...
Have you met Lufthansa's P fare?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Have you met Lufthansa's P fare?
I am actually contemplating booking 2 x Lufthansa P fares for the wife and I over Christmas, or paying extra to fly ET or OS instead. Not a fan of zero-miles flights.
What doesnt make sense to me is that the Swiss P-fare does credit 100% to Miles and Smiles while LH doesnt, afterall it is the same parent company. Same with Austrian, their P fare also credit 100% and they are owned by LH.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerby

I wouldn’t recommend your strategy to minimize change to FFP earning either (by buying only tickets for the near future) because as everyone knows ticket price go up when nearing flight date.
It depends on the reason for flying - if you are doing a pure MR, then a sudden change like that can make what you literally paid for nothing. I don't do that myself as we always fly to go somewhere to visit. I buy tickets 9 months ahead because it has to hit exactly my kids school holidays. We planned to re-qualify within one year so in case this happened we have time to fly more times to get the miles we needed to re-qualify.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
It depends on the reason for flying - if you are doing a pure MR, then a sudden change like that can make what you literally paid for nothing. I don't do that myself as we always fly to go somewhere to visit. I buy tickets 9 months ahead because it has to hit exactly my kids school holidays. We planned to re-qualify within one year so in case this happened we have time to fly more times to get the miles we needed to re-qualify.
I don't trust TK when it comes down to things like these, especially after the SW W class troubles..
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't trust TK when it comes down to things like these, especially after the SW W class troubles..
That's exactly what I think as well - I book a ticket because I like the price and "hopefully" the mileage associated with it. TK has every right to change the accrual table anytime without prior notice - they can literally change the earning table the day before you fly.

TK is not the worst regarding this things - at least they actually have a table to show you what you "might" be able to earn. RJ is worse - I emailed them and they confirmed the earnings as they don't actually published the table online for other OW partners. We were told those booking classes gives 70% earnings but we ended up getting 25% max! Wrote to their CS and they said they will gave us whatever AA (who sold the ticket) gave them.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:36 am
Original Poster

So does anyone have any upcoming fares booked in ET P-class and dare to test if it really does credit 100%?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.