Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Getting screwed over with Miles and Smiles. Alternatives?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting screwed over with Miles and Smiles. Alternatives?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:02 am

IMHO when you Elite status (from Challange) expired at the end of this month, your status will be downgraded to Classic Plus and upgraded to Elite again in a few days (as you achieved the normal standard) whatever TK CS says.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Exactly, I would expect the same. I had gotten the match, failed to complete the challenge, but then hit 40k miles without flying any TK flights. Was immediately awarded Elite. Most of my travel was on Ethiopian and my discount Y fares all credited at 100%. So ET flights credited to TK I think is a very good strategy.

Their dashboard will look weird if you are still within the challenge period. I would expect it to flip back to normal after that challenge and for you to be granted Elite.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: SU, TK, LA
Status Miles (Last 12 months): 52,198

I got downgraded to Card level CLASSIC PLUS

Have lined up a sh_tload of flights. SkyTeam is fine but for the Star Alliance I have to start buying extra luggage now. Very annoying. In addition I have lined up the flight to Uganda in September with TK. I had chosen another airline had I known this.

I will contact TK customer service again to see what happens. Will keep you updated.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: SU, TK, LA
good news

Good news. I woke up this morning and got a "Welcome to Gold Elite" Email. My status is valid now to 2020.

I even have 12.000 status miles for the current cycle. Seems like a bug because this must be a mistake.

OK, my worries were not justified. But again, TK customer service is not the best. The airline is very good and the miles program the easiest out of *Alliance.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
There’s 3-4 days delay between the end of status and card renewal calculation.
It’s been this way for years now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.