Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Gold?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Star Gold?

I’m thinking of flying from DUB-JNB early next year in business and the 2 cheapest airlines are ET via ADD & TK via IST. Will either of these routes get me to Star Gold with any Star Alliance program?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Depends on your fare class. Pretty easy to find out if you look here ...
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
It’s about 6.5K Miles each way. 13K RT.
So your only option is with A3 FFP where you would need an ET biz ticket but not in P class and to add at least additional 4 A3 legs.

Last edited by flyerby; Jun 10, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite
without any status on TK's FFP you will earn in the lower Biz-fares 17442 miles. You will need 40k miles for *A Gold.

For ET FFP I am not sure how much miles you will earn, but you have to earn 50k miles for the same tier.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
*G with one relatively short return in Business Class? Every lounge in the world would overflow if that were possible.

Aegean probably offers the fastest route to *G, but you'll need to subsequently visit Greece to do a few flights on A3 metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.