E / E+ welcome/recognition on board

Old Mar 7, 18, 7:28 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by Gobus View Post
I've been acknowledged and welcomed in Y while flying on TK as an Elite.

TAP Portugal, on the other hand, put a nice card on my meal tray welcoming me as Star Alliance Gold
Never had this happened to me even flying a couple of times with TAP in the last few months as *A G and J-class. I guess in order to have this, you need to have a super hard working crew. Let's see how it goes in a few more weeks when i fly long-haul with them.
As for TK - the same, as an Elite member, never had any special recognition - again, I think you need to have a super hardworking or customer experience oriented crew to deliver this, most of the time, on both airlines, I only see a dissapearing act after the services.

Cheers!
Old Mar 16, 18, 6:00 am

Programs: TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold
I've never experienced it as an Elite Plus. However my partner, flying economy in Lufthansa from ARN-MUC was aproached by an FA who thanked him for flying with them and asked if she could offer him something to drink. It was a very nice touch but since my partner was traveling with his group seated around him, he had to decline As a comparison, I flew first time as a One World Emerald in Cathay Pacific economy class from Singapore to Hong Kong last January and I was approached by an FA who welcomed me and gave me a bottle of Evian water. I think One World takes good care of their elites better

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Mar 16, 18 at 3:49 pm
Old Mar 16, 18, 9:44 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler View Post
I think One World takes good care of their elites better
I think Cathay Pacific takes care of oneworld Elites better than TK does of its own.

I've certainly been recognized as TK*G on SQ and NH, but never on TK proper.

Similarly, I don't think AA goes out of its way to recognize CX Emeralds on board...
Old Mar 16, 18, 11:42 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
This is another TK issue which I guess is a cultural thing. And this thread is very welcome to address it, hoping someone in TK may reat it.
Oftentimes are the smallest things, free like a greeting or cheap like a bottle of water, to please your frequent flyers the most.
Old Mar 16, 18, 3:52 pm

Programs: TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
I think Cathay Pacific takes care of oneworld Elites better than TK does of its own.

I've certainly been recognized as TK*G on SQ and NH, but never on TK proper.

Similarly, I don't think AA goes out of its way to recognize CX Emeralds on board...
Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess it's airline specific then