Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible to sign up for Smiles account.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:54 am

Strange, somehow the interface was truncating my ID number when I copy-pasted it from the e-mail, it's working fine now.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:59 am

Cannot create a Smiles & miles account as my city is not listed..

Cannot create a Smiles & miles account as my town is not listed.. but other much smaller towns in my state are listed. How do I get them to add my town, so I can sign-up?
progol likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Cambron
Cannot create a Smiles & miles account as my town is not listed.. but other much smaller towns in my state are listed. How do I get them to add my town, so I can sign-up?
This is a known headache with M&S
Try to sign up with the nearest town that is listed and contact them afterwards via the feedback form and ask them to amend the address.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:26 pm

I am posting this because the forum wont let me post attachments until I have at least 5 posts.

ps. I dont appear to be able to edit/delete the post as I had planned. Sorry!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:27 pm

I am posting this because the forum wont let me post attachments until I have at least 5 posts.

Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:27 pm

Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by noallegiance
The password has to be entirely numerical and then it will work.
I continually get this error despite using an entirely numeric password....

Last edited by seysearles; Feb 16, 2019 at 11:57 pm
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:30 pm

What a completely ridiculous signing up process.
Town is a mandatory field yet the drop down doesn't list the choices in alphabetical order, nor can you apparently type out the name of your town as it jumps each time you press a letter, so I have to scroll manually through the list of millions of UK towns until I find mine.
Password creation is just a load of bollox as it isn't clear that it's numbers only (and even then you can't have more than 3 consecutive in a row, or the same numeral used 3 times or more).
All the while, Google Chrome is trying to suggest alpha-numeric passwords just to confuse things further.

What a bloody headache this turned out to be.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Aston100
What a completely ridiculous signing up process.
Town is a mandatory field yet the drop down doesn't list the choices in alphabetical order, nor can you apparently type out the name of your town as it jumps each time you press a letter, so I have to scroll manually through the list of millions of UK towns until I find mine.
Password creation is just a load of bollox as it isn't clear that it's numbers only (and even then you can't have more than 3 consecutive in a row, or the same numeral used 3 times or more).
All the while, Google Chrome is trying to suggest alpha-numeric passwords just to confuse things further.

What a bloody headache this turned out to be.
Did you manage to register the account in the end?
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by seysearles
Did you manage to register the account in the end?
Yeah I did in the end after loads of faffing around.
And that wasn't even the end of the troubles: seems when you are trying to find unclaimed travel, the stupid interface is case sensitive when entering the fare class. It's literally one bloody letter and it has to be in the right case.
And then there's the nonsense with a ticket number rather than a booking reference needed. Doesn't help that the ticket number has a space after the first 3 characters on my email confirmation (from Turkish Airlines).
I honestly want to have some serious words with the utter cretin that designed their stupid website.

By the way, I had that error message earlier - the one in your screenshot. It seems it happened to me because I hadn't entered my town. I had to spend at least a full minute scrolling through the dropdown list to find my town.
Designed by idiots.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Aston100
Yeah I did in the end after loads of faffing around.
And that wasn't even the end of the troubles: seems when you are trying to find unclaimed travel, the stupid interface is case sensitive when entering the fare class. It's literally one bloody letter and it has to be in the right case.
And then there's the nonsense with a ticket number rather than a booking reference needed. Doesn't help that the ticket number has a space after the first 3 characters on my email confirmation (from Turkish Airlines).
I honestly want to have some serious words with the utter cretin that designed their stupid website.

By the way, I had that error message earlier - the one in your screenshot. It seems it happened to me because I hadn't entered my town. I had to spend at least a full minute scrolling through the dropdown list to find my town.
Designed by idiots.
Hey thanks for the feedback. So I put the town in and now it loads as though its processing something however after around 1min the processing graphic just cuts (presumably timing out) without giving an error or progressing to another page. This thing is giving me hell. I must have filled it out 25 times. How many customers would these people lose because of this?!
Alfredbali and Aston100 like this.

Last edited by seysearles; Feb 26, 2019 at 9:01 pm
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: Miles&Smiles
Question Same happens to me Impossible to Log in

I complete 100% registration on. Smiles&Miles. Appears to be I am a member if I want to register again because I never received a member number or mail from them. So.....how do I get to them?
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee send me aa mail or my member number
I tried to login with my mail, and with my phone but nothing works!

Last edited by Florencia Julieta; Jun 9, 2019 at 5:31 pm
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:39 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Florencia Julieta
I complete 100% registration on. Smiles&Miles. Appears to be I am a member if I want to register again because I never received a member number or mail from them. So.....how do I get to them?
Welcome to FT. Have you tried calling them? Also check your spam filter.
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Florencia Julieta
Hi Florencia Julieta and welcome to FT!

This is not an official resource for Turkish Airlines so probably no one would be able to view your account here.
However, try clicking "I have forgotten my password" which would reset the password of your account and you would be able to create a new password and login to your account.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
I m currently trying to create a Miles and Smiles account, what a headache !!

You cannot type your city, nowhere is written that password must be numerical only!!

Turkish Airlines seems to have a very bad IT ability

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.