Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible to sign up for Smiles account.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Impossible to sign up for Smiles account.

Upon trying to register, and having entered 90% of the information required, the password field won't accept keystrokes. It seems to scroll up to the City and Area fields, still highlighted in red. The only selection in the Area field is "Other". What am I doing wrong? Typing in a password is non-responsive (ie. no *'s show nor the password entered).

Thanks for any help!!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by GeraldHouse
Upon trying to register, and having entered 90% of the information required, the password field won't accept keystrokes. It seems to scroll up to the City and Area fields, still highlighted in red. The only selection in the Area field is "Other". What am I doing wrong? Typing in a password is non-responsive (ie. no *'s show nor the password entered).

Thanks for any help!!
Can you paste the URL (web address) you are using to register with Miles&Smiles?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Link being used.

https://p.turkishairlines.com/en-es/...SAAEgJny_D_BwE

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Well, of course that link doesn't work because its a pop-up to enter information. Using this base site:

https://p.turkishairlines.com/en-es/...SAAEgIjo_D_BwE
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:17 am
Original Poster

https://p.turkishairlines.com/en-es/miles-and-smiles/
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Same issue with EN-US
https://p.turkishairlines.com/en-us/miles-and-smiles/
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Try the old version of the TK website.

You can also gift 500 miles to someone if you let them refer you. Send me a PM if interested.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by GeraldHouse
You are using TK’s new website that in some cases is not ready for prime time. Try the old website at https://www4.thy.com/tkmiles/membersignin.tk?lang=en
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Also spent a few weeks trying to update my password. As mentioned earlier, the new website is functioning, but not perfect.
On the upside though, once my password was reset and I could access my account, I managed to redeem miles for a (very expensive), ticket.
So, keep plugging away.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:20 am

The password has to be entirely numerical and then it will work.
danpeake, testycal, dval44 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by flyerby
You are using TK’s new website that in some cases is not ready for prime time. Try the old website at
This was useful. Let me know if I should use you as a referral if they still gift miles for that.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by noallegiance
I finally figured that out myself, but that's an insane policy. You can have far more variations using alpha/numberic passwords that just numeric. And they should clearly say that the PassWORD cannot use any letters, only numbers.

The whole website is like it's in a third world country. Oh... wait....

Try to sign in to check your flight or maybe change your seat. You can't use you're Confirmation number. You have to use your Ticket Number. Who makes a note of their ticket number when they make a reservation. I had to go back through a few months of emails to find the original UA receipt. Was actually surprised that the TK site accepted a UA ticket number.

The site is certainlly not very intuitive or user friendly.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kensterfly
I finally figured that out myself, but that's an insane policy. You can have far more variations using alpha/numberic passwords that just numeric. And they should clearly say that the PassWORD cannot use any letters, only numbers.

The whole website is like it's in a third world country. Oh... wait....

Try to sign in to check your flight or maybe change your seat. You can't use you're Confirmation number. You have to use your Ticket Number. Who makes a note of their ticket number when they make a reservation. I had to go back through a few months of emails to find the original UA receipt. Was actually surprised that the TK site accepted a UA ticket number.

The site is certainlly not very intuitive or user friendly.
Just spent some time trying to figure this out....and it literally says "CHARACTERS" not JUST numbers...

What a terrible policy
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by noallegiance
Exactly. It is similar to Singapore's KrisFlyer 6 digit PIN passwords, however Turkish doesn't it make this clear.

Unrelated, Singapore is enacting 2-Factor-Authentication (2FA) soon...
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:27 am

I can't even login...

Whenever I try to login to my account it says that I'm actually already logged in and all I need to do is to refresh the page to see my member area.
Still I refresh the page and I'm not logged in at all.
Tried to clear my cache and cookies, tried different browsers, nothing.
I guess there's something wrong with my account itself, some database entry that got corrupted or something.
Tried to contact Turkish Airlines support on Facebook and through their official form and nothing, not even a reply.
Is anyone having the same problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.