Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Exact validity date / expiration for elite+ plus upgrade vouchers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)

Hi everyone,
I searched the Forum on this (great info on how to redeem and find availability here and here) and read TKs rules twice, but could not find the answer to the exact validity dates for the vouchers.

I qualified almost a year ago, finally wanted to upgrade a flight for my first vacation since then and just realized I can't find more than 8 consecutive days till the end of october...

I qualified Oct 14th 2015, my Card is valid till Oct 31st 2017 and the "first year period" from my Profile (Card operations -> Card renewal) is till Nov 3rd 2016. So first question for the voucher validity date:
Are the vouchers from my first Membership year valid till
a.) 14.10.2016 (exactly one year from my qualification date)
b.) 31.10.2016 (card valid till 31.10.2017, this is one year less = first year) or
c.) 03.11.2016 ("first year period" for renewing with 40k miles during my first Membership year)?

and after we figured that one out - validity date - the second question remains: what exactly has to happen till this deadline, do I have to
I) ticket my upgrade till this date using the vouchers (ticket everything till 10.10.2016 but flying by the end of November would be ok),
II) complete the outbound/first flight till that date (leaving 10.10.2016 and returning 11.11.2016 would be ok) or do I have to
III) complete both flights by that date (returning on 10.10.2016)
to use my first year vochers?

Thanks a lot for helping me figuring this out - if it is I) for the second question I'll be fine, if it is II and b/c for the first I would still be able to take 15 days off so I can actually spend 11/12 days enjoying my vacation destination instead of just 4 days after substracting the flight time....
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Voucher's expiration date is not related your flight date. The flight itself can be later.
You have to redeem (with booking a flight) before expired, thats all.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by zap7
Are the vouchers from my first Membership year valid till
a.) 14.10.2016 (exactly one year from my qualification date)
b.) 31.10.2016 (card valid till 31.10.2017, this is one year less = first year) or
c.) 03.11.2016 ("first year period" for renewing with 40k miles during my first Membership year)?
Officially the answer is C, Nov 3rd, this is also the deadline to re-qualify for only 40K miles, instead of 60K. Personally, I'd get everything done by Oct 31st, given how crazy things can be run at TK.

You can redeem the vouchers for traveling during the following membership year. I just redeemed my vouchers this year for traveling next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.