Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Wi-Fi for Elite and Elite Plus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Wifi onboard today is great, I am able to do Skype calls, stream music, browse the internet, all very fast!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:36 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by dozerman94
I couldn't find an online source for this but on my TXL-IST flight on A333 last week one of the FA's told me that the wifi is now free for Elite and Elite Plus members flying Economy.

There was a Miles & Smiles login section in the purchasing page, but I couldn't get it working. There was a name misspelling on my reservation so I think that was the problem. Would love to hear if anyone got it working.
I thought I read on the Turkish site that wifi is only offered on the B777-300. It appears from your post that it is also offered on the A333? Is it available on all long hauls?

Originally Posted by Mict
Can anyone comment on the speeds of the Wifi? A comparaison to LH's offering would be great!
Any other comments about speed/usability? Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
I thought I read on the Turkish site that wifi is only offered on the B777-300. It appears from your post that it is also offered on the A333? Is it available on all long hauls?

Any other comments about speed/usability? Thanks in advance!
It is available on some A330's as well. I have found the speed to be very inconsistent even on the same flight. I guess it just depends on how many are using it and for what.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
I thought I read on the Turkish site that wifi is only offered on the B777-300. It appears from your post that it is also offered on the A333?
It is available on all B777 and on the more recently delivered A330-300s. Since you don't know which A330-300 you're ending up on, it's always a nice surprise. I had it on 2 of 2 recent transatlantic A330 flights.

Speed was adequate for surfing and email (even via VPN). Did not try streaming / VoIP / video etc.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
My SIN-IST flight a week ago had wifi. Tried logging in, didn't work.
Purser took a note of it and apologised.
Told me that I should just pay for it and claim back from TK and it would be fine as she had made a note of it. I said "no thanks"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.