Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sammyg901
Last Updated: 21 AUG 2021
Due to various changes to the TK IT-system booking partner awards has taken a great step back. Details below.

Online: Potentially working?

See recent (July 2022) posts - it seems possible to ticket *A online IF you can find availability. A lot of availability does not show. If you can see X or I class on ua.com but not on turkishairlines.com then likely a ticket office can assist

Since August 2021 the online *A ticket payment flow is broken ("continue" button does not appear on the credit card entry page) so transactions cannot be completed. No known workarounds

From 18 Nov 19, you may continue to book partner awards online for selected airlines, routes and options. Not all options that you could book with another partner is bookable through the TK website.

Availability could be checked online via the United website without being a MileagePlus member with the book with miles tool at the flight search engine. Note: For UA flights, check 'X' fare bucket, for other airlines check Saver Award.

TK Hotline: Partially working

From recent reports ( fall 2020 ) in this thread, it is now possible to book *A awards from the TK hotline although still, not all agents are capable to do it; you might need to HUACA multiple times to find an agent that knows how to book *A awards. Although, it's strongly suggested to make your own research on availability before calling them.

Sales Office: Working

A sales office could book *A award tickets. You could call, e-mail or visit them in person. Some offices do not answer phones or do not reply to e-mails so visiting them in person would improve your chances to book a *A award ticket.

First class award: Not working

TK has stopped issuing first class awards since at least September 2019.

Print Wikipost

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
TK ticket offices will not be able to make the award reservation for you; they can assist with payment, invol. rebooking or other issues. You need to call to make the award reservation if not available online.
c2hubbard likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know if Turkish actually increased the cost of partner award tickets last month -- particularly the UA domestic tickets? I have really mixed feelings about these awards, because they're theoretically very good, but actually dealing with Turkish to book or modify them is a nightmare.
c2hubbard likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by iahphx
Does anyone know if Turkish actually increased the cost of partner award tickets last month -- particularly the UA domestic tickets? I have really mixed feelings about these awards, because they're theoretically very good, but actually dealing with Turkish to book or modify them is a nightmare.
Seems like you've missed the memo. New rates went live Feb 15th - https://milelion.com/2024/02/08/turk...n-coming-soon/
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

duplicate

Last edited by iahphx; Mar 26, 2024 at 2:32 am
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
Seems like you've missed the memo. New rates went live Feb 15th - https://milelion.com/2024/02/08/turk...n-coming-soon/
Well, right, that's the official announcement. But, if you know your history, what Turkish says they're doing and what they actually do are not the same (no surprise, given the chaos we experience at Miles & Smiles). Have the new rules ACTUALLY been implemented when it comes to UA award tickets? I'd check myself, but I'm still suffering PTSD from my last Turkish award experience so I'm trying to stay away from their website.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:55 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by iahphx
Well, right, that's the official announcement. But, if you know your history, what Turkish says they're doing and what they actually do are not the same (no surprise, given the chaos we experience at Miles & Smiles). Have the new rules ACTUALLY been implemented when it comes to UA award tickets? I'd check myself, but I'm still suffering PTSD from my last Turkish award experience so I'm trying to stay away from their website.
Yes, they are implemented.
iahphx likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I have an upcoming award booking in Y operated by LOT (WAW-BRU). At this time, the manage my booking page on TK website has the following issues: no Miles & Smiles number associated with the passengers (me + husband both Elite) and no chance to input it, the button is greyed out, and seat selection not available - I choose the seats but at the end the system tells me there was an error and it was impossible to confirm the seats.
I guess there is no possibility to fix these issues using some online procedure?

Also, the PNR is not working on LOT website. Is it expected or should I worry?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Lefly
I have an upcoming award booking in Y operated by LOT (WAW-BRU). At this time, the manage my booking page on TK website has the following issues: no Miles & Smiles number associated with the passengers (me + husband both Elite) and no chance to input it, the button is greyed out, and seat selection not available - I choose the seats but at the end the system tells me there was an error and it was impossible to confirm the seats.
I guess there is no possibility to fix these issues using some online procedure?

Also, the PNR is not working on LOT website. Is it expected or should I worry?
I have a booking with LOT but I can't add my FFP in MMB - apparently the only way to do it is during online check-in.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
I have a booking with LOT but I can't add my FFP in MMB - apparently the only way to do it is during online check-in.
Thank you. Are you however able to see the booking on LOT website? I'm wondering how check-in online if the LOT system doesn't recognize the booking...
Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You need the LOT PNR number (different from the PNR number you received from TK M&S) - or try with the ticket No.
Lefly likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
You need the LOT PNR number (different from the PNR number you received from TK M&S) - or try with the ticket No.
Thank you, I didn't see that option at a first glance.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Lefly
Thank you, I didn't see that option at a first glance.
I can see mine but as I said and I asked at the lot forum here, that's no way I can add the ffp until online check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.