Wiki Posts
Search

IST Elite benefits (guesting)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:54 am
Original Poster

IST Elite benefits (guesting)

Hi,
I understand that Elite status allows one to invite a guest to the CIP lounge as long as the guest is taking a *A flight on the same day (please correct me if I'm wrong). What about the special VIP lines for security and immigration? Does Elite status allows one to invite a guest to these lines? Does anyone even check?
Thanks a lot,
Shuly
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
agree about the lounge. 1 guest on *A flight is allowed (for general rule yo can check *A website as contract lounges might be slightly different).

for the VIP queue, as well as priority boarding, normally nobody complains if you bring a guest. i did it several times with my wife before she got to get gold as well, at least while flying TK and being in Turkey.

in other countries VIP line is normally paid by the airline, so they ask all passengers to have the right status and eventually to fly with the right airline...

example in MXP TK Elite flying TK gets priority line, but TK elite flying on LH doesn't.
in OPO TK elite flying TP gets priority instead...
both cases with no guest
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Never had a problem with a guest at fast tracks and immigration priority line at IST.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

Shuly
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: TK *G, UA, AS
I also had no issues with a non-status guest a few weeks ago. Arrival and departure immigration/security priority queues both had people checking at the entrance who waved us both through.

You mentioned the lounge access rules, which allow the guest to be on another *A flight. I seem to recall the immigration/security priority queues required you to be flying TK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.