Wiki Posts
Search

Which 737-800 will we get?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Which 737-800 will we get?

Wonder if anyone has some pointers on how to tell which version of the Turkish Airlines 737-800 is likely to be operated on the LGW-IST route.

We're willing to spend the extra money to go biz class, provided it's the version with the "Sky Interior" ie 2-2 config, not the 3-3 one with the convertible middle seat.

I can see the 737-900 definitely has the new 2-2 seats, as do the mid-haul A321s. But there seems to be no way of distinguishing between old and new 737-800s.

I've been trawling thy.com, Google and FT with only a modicum of success... I can see on planespotters.net the list of aircraft, with the configuration marked C16/20Y135 for the 2-2 and CY165 for the 3-3 converter. Then I have to cross-reference with flightstats or similar to see if the particular flights tend to be served by one of these planes. Of course, no guarantee they won't switch it out.

But surely there's an easier way. Any clues?

Last edited by frb98mf; Nov 1, 2015 at 12:00 am Reason: Found a partial answer
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by frb98mf
Wonder if anyone has some pointers on how to tell which version of the Turkish Airlines 737-800 is likely to be operated on the LGW-IST route.

We're willing to spend the extra money to go biz class, provided it's the version with the "Sky Interior" ie 2-2 config, not the 3-3 one with the convertible middle seat.

I can see the 737-900 definitely has the new 2-2 seats, as do the mid-haul A321s. But there seems to be no way of distinguishing between old and new 737-800s.

I've been trawling thy.com, Google and FT with only a modicum of success... I can see on planespotters.net the list of aircraft, with the configuration marked C16/20Y135 for the 2-2 and CY165 for the 3-3 converter. Then I have to cross-reference with flightstats or similar to see if the particular flights tend to be served by one of these planes. Of course, no guarantee they won't switch it out.

But surely there's an easier way. Any clues?
I don't think you can actually be 'guaranteed' any configuration. In my experience, LGWIST has always been the 3-3 set up but you might get aircraft substitutions on the day of departure.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
On multiple routes (IST-BUD, IST-ARN, IST-MLA) I've had the CY configuration sometimes, and the "proper Biz" configuration at other times.

I think it's simply a day-of-departure operational gamble, and I would not spend any extra money in the hopes of getting one or the other config. In any case, you'd have zero recourse in case of finding yourself in the CY cabin.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:40 am

my experience ist that in 75% of the flights out of lgw you have euro business.
what is your flight no
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:43 am

All of the 3 daily flights to LGW from the last 8 days had the latest product.

So I would go for J if I were you.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Is you flight within the next 100 days? In that case, someone can look up the flight info on ExpertFlyer if you provide the flight number and date.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Look at the seat map when you book, 2x2 is usually AB EF whereas 3x3 is AC DF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.