Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is a time change not a time change??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:54 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by LapLap
PUCCI GALORE, no disrespect intended, but you have a formidable reputation. Alas, so does Turkish Airlines! Do please keep us updated.
I might even invest in decent red lipstick depending on the outcome.
LOL none taken!! I very much doubt that I will get anywhere but I have always found that persistence pays. I will let you all know. I think that if you wore the lippy, they'd give you anything just to get rid of you!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I think that if you wore the lippy, they'd give you anything just to get rid of you!

I am too much of a lady to give that remark the response it deserves
Will chalk it down to a case of mistaken identity. Tsk, tsk, tsk...
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LapLap

I am too much of a lady to give that remark the response it deserves
Will chalk it down to a case of mistaken identity. Tsk, tsk, tsk...
Oooops!

I so wrongly assume that most of the posters are men! Do forgive me as no slight was intended. Indeed your gracious answer proves what a lady you are!

If you hear that a harridan was haranguing the Station Manager at IST, you would be safe to assume - Oh its her!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Phew! Hoped that was the case
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:16 am
Original Poster

The latest twist in the plot is that BA have now moved their flight back one hour - so I panicked in vain - and bought two new tickets . I just got an email this morning - they might have been a bit prompter. I am not best pleased with them.

Never mind. Worse things happen at sea.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ouch!

I'll take comfort in that the chances of you having to engage in a confrontation on your trip have diminished significantly.

And you did help in pre-emptively solving my own puzzle. Would have wondered what the heck was going on if it hadn't been for this thread ^
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:01 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The latest twist in the plot is that BA have now moved their flight back one hour
OMG - what a mess
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
OMG - what a mess
I am out of pocket by 37 - it could be much worse. I just wish BA had told me that they were moving the flight time as well.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:52 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Apparently this situation has led to a bit of a mess: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34631326
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:58 am

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
to make things clear for everyone, if you get an email stating that you departure from IST, or your arrival to IST has moved an hour back (from 1300 to 1400) and your flight is between the 25th of October and the 7th of November, your flight has not been rescheduled. The change is only to accomodate the Turkish Government's decision to postpone changing from summer time to winter time.

IST vs LHR on 24 October 2015: +2 hours
IST vs LHR on 25 October 2015: +3 hours
IST vs LHR on 8 November 2015: +2 hours

Hope this makes things easier for people to understand. I got worried when KLM rescheduled my flight from IST at 05:55 to 06:55 on the 7th, but they didnt reschedule my arrival to AMS. I was worried as I had 1h35m connection to CUR; and believed that they had just missed to reschedule my arrival to AMS. Turns out, the only thing that changed is the local time at IST, not the schedule vs UTC...
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
honestly, that's one of the biggest jokes ever (from turkish goverment, not the airlines - of course).

that said, also turkish did not handle it in a very good way. we had our flight back from IST last sunday and - second to the first confusion about what time it was in the morning, as all electronic devices of course jumped to winter time (wrongly) - nobody even mentioned one word about the pushed back time change (not even in the hotel). nada. by the time we checked in we knew what was happening, but without explicitly asking for it, nobody from turkish would have mentioned that our flight got pushed back one hour. no email, no mentioning from the check in staff, no information on the website, no flyers, nothing during online checking,... it was pretty weird.

that said, the hard- & softproduct was pretty impressive ^ BA, OS, LH & Co are miles behind, tbh.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 6:11 am
Original Poster

I promised that there would be an update and here it is.

When I got to IST, I went to the TK desk in the Domestic Terminal. They would have changed the original ticket no problem - but said that the best thing was to do this in Izmir. I suspected that I was being very politely brushed off but saw no reason to argue.

In the meantime - another time change came through for the flight that was leaving at 11.40. It left 10 minutes earlier so I had no problem with that. What I did not understand was that I could not check in on line as the PNR had to be altered. I called TK and that was done without fuss and new emails sent. Nothing like this had happened with the original flights on the first ticket so I was very - but no matter.

Indeed I went to the desk at ADB. The young lady was quite perplexed and called a supervisor. They simply could not understand why the agent on the telephone had told me that he could not change the flight, promotional fare or not.

The net result was that I got my money for the extra tickets back and the refund hit my card about three days later. I call that a successful outcome. There were no rows, no arguments, no problems. In my entire dealings with TK staff, ground staff, cabin staff I had nothing but pleasant courtesy and a good level of spoken English. The flights were short but let me see what TK would offer in the way of seating in Y on their A330 and B777. I shall be patronising them more in the future I suspect.

So - I am sorry to ramble but I thought that I would let you all know and thank you everyone for your support.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Loved reading your update, you got the satisfactory resolution I hoped for you.

Was very impressed with my four TK flights, both on land and in the air; nothing but universal courtesy and some examples of extreme kindness (one crew had just dealt with a passenger's death, the next crew had to deal with me in the violent grip of a nasty vomiting bug).
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:12 pm

The main problem here was that the phone support wasted time of many people saying you have to stop by the airport and causing unnecessary stress. We didn't have a problem but still the time I had to waste dealing 3 different tickets and explaining myself to all the different people...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.