Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines Selected Comarch Loyalty Management

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airlines Selected Comarch Loyalty Management

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by averind
Right, but I am not really interested in paying extra $200 for a flight from NA (ends up being V on departure and if you get lucky return is S/Q ) over a W class ticket for a flight to/from NA unless there is an emergency.
Most cheap fare I bought from TK are actually V class including a flight from Europe to IAH. I have only bought a P fare once since they changed the earning table. Considering for what I paid I think 50% is acceptable - try SQ, TG or even NZ, you are very likely to get nothing for a moderately priced ticket.

I miss the good old days too - and if you want 100% mileage accrual on any Y flight then TK M&S might not be a good choice for you.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:09 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
I miss the good old days too - and if you want 100% mileage accrual on any Y flight then TK M&S might not be a good choice for you.
Are there any programmes left that credit 100% on any Y fare left?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Most cheap fare I bought from TK are actually V class including a flight from Europe to IAH. I have only bought a P fare once since they changed the earning table. Considering for what I paid I think 50% is acceptable - try SQ, TG or even NZ, you are very likely to get nothing for a moderately priced ticket.

Indeed, on the other hand now that I have priority select through Amex, I guess I won't miss elite membership that much. Elite actually meant something years ago as I would get random upgrades when the flight was full but last time I got one was flying to JFK from Istanbul 8 years ago.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by averind
Indeed, on the other hand now that I have priority select through Amex, I guess I won't miss elite membership that much. Elite actually meant something years ago as I would get random upgrades when the flight was full but last time I got one was flying to JFK from Istanbul 8 years ago.
Upgrade is not a perk for elites. I didn't get anything as OW Shapphire on CX. As TK Gold I got upgrade on SK once, and TK about 3 times. It's not common and what I'm maintaining TK E is mostly for the lounge access in general. We made it when it was the good old days so we are going to maintain it as long as it's possible.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by moeser
That is the problem,there are no perks.The value of E+ has gone South year after year.

It is nothing more than E with 2 free upgrades ( if available ) !

After reaching 40k my money is going to QR.
Actually there's some value to be had in priority for airport upgrades with miles. I recently couldn't secure an upgrade with miles in advance but mentioned this at the checkin and later a TK rep in LAX came searching for me in the lounge to ask me if I still wanted to upgrade since they got a noshow in biz or something like that, and that if I wasn't interested they're going to offer it to someone with lower status than me... went over to the gate with him, signed the piece of paper, and off I was on arguably the best miles redemption possible (LAX-IST) that's extremely difficult to reserve in advance
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by vivamuci
It would be nice if they introduced some additional perks for E+.

There is currently zero incentive to credit more than the required, laughable 40k miles for status renewal.

I booked my upcoming IST-EZE trip with AZ, due to status match, 325% mileage credit and window seats with direct aisle access on the FCO<>EZE legs.

TK should offer perks for those, flying significantly more than their E+ requirements.

Agree with Vivamuci on this front : as E+ , renewed until 2019, I see little incentive to continue crediting miles and / or buying TK flights .

Any thoughts on what kind of perks / incentive/ POSITIVE enhancements we would all like?
Alternatively, where are you all looking for as other programs to accrue on?
I've begun exploring One World. to my own surprise .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.