FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Turkish Airlines Selected Comarch Loyalty Management (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1707150-turkish-airlines-selected-comarch-loyalty-management.html)

airoli Sep 2, 2015 6:42 am

Turkish Airlines Selected Comarch Loyalty Management

From a press release, it looks like TK will switch its loyalty platform to Comarch (which also runs JetBlue, among others).

Interesting to note that there are approx. 5.5M Miles&Smiles members.

bamba70 Sep 2, 2015 11:41 am

What could that mean for us, in practical terms?

nacho Sep 2, 2015 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by bamba70 (Post 25367309)
What could that mean for us, in practical terms?

Negative enhancements.

AvidFlyer1990 Sep 2, 2015 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 25368413)
Negative enhancements.

Oh no! I sincerely hope not!

starflyergold Sep 3, 2015 4:15 am

Well it can't get any worse.... ;)

vivamuci Sep 3, 2015 4:23 am

It would be nice if they introduced some additional perks for E+.

There is currently zero incentive to credit more than the required, laughable 40k miles for status renewal.

I booked my upcoming IST-EZE trip with AZ, due to status match, 325% mileage credit and window seats with direct aisle access on the FCO<>EZE legs.

TK should offer perks for those, flying significantly more than their E+ requirements.

moeser Sep 3, 2015 5:42 am

Originally Posted by vivamuci (Post 25370698)

There is currently zero incentive to credit more than the required, laughable 40k miles for status renewal.

I booked my upcoming IST-EZE trip with AZ, due to status match, 325% mileage credit and window seats with direct aisle access on the FCO<>EZE legs.

TK should offer perks for those, flying significantly more than their E+ requirements.

That is the problem,there are no perks.The value of E+ has gone South year after year.

It is nothing more than E with 2 free upgrades ( if available ) !

After reaching 40k my money is going to QR.

TPJ Sep 3, 2015 6:42 am

Originally Posted by vivamuci (Post 25370698)

Folks,

It has nothing to do with their Loyalty system provider:p

They just changed provider from one to the other... I do not see any implications...

averind Sep 3, 2015 8:23 pm

well unless you are flying business it's not like you can accrue many miles anyways. The new 25% mileage on most tickets pretty much destroyed the purpose of the program. I doubt it can get any worse...

LH4116 Sep 4, 2015 1:42 pm

Should I get my ELITE renewed next month, in fear that they might raise the threshold?

nacho Sep 4, 2015 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by averind (Post 25374768)
well unless you are flying business it's not like you can accrue many miles anyways. The new 25% mileage on most tickets pretty much destroyed the purpose of the program. I doubt it can get any worse...

When did TK change most of the ticket to 25% mileage?

airoli Sep 4, 2015 5:23 pm

The system has nothing to do with thresholds, benefits and accrual rates - evidently the current platform can handle that however TK sees fit.

The new system may enable some new features (share miles, pool miles, count segments towards status etc. etc.)... or not.

averind Sep 4, 2015 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 25378257)
When did TK change most of the ticket to 25% mileage?

about a year ago:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...k-hava-yollari

nacho Sep 5, 2015 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by averind (Post 25379366)

That's what I thought - but you are wrong saying that "most" tickets give 25% mileage. Only W, P, F that give 25%. The rest gives more.

averind Sep 5, 2015 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 25382186)
That's what I thought - but you are wrong saying that "most" tickets give 25% mileage. Only W, P, F that give 25%. The rest gives more.

Right, but I am not really interested in paying extra $200 for a flight from NA (ends up being V on departure and if you get lucky return is S/Q ) over a W class ticket for a flight to/from NA unless there is an emergency.